Wanting to change my horse's registered name...

My stepmother in law wanted to name her filly Kiss My Caboose (her sire is A Night Train), but I guess the AQHA are too stuffy to allow that. She's Kissing Caboose instead.

Hah! You should see the names in the donkey world. Every pun on the a$$ is out there and legal.

I like Red Hot Hickory Switch! It has a certain flair to it.

Red Hot Hickory Switch gives you a lot of good words to use on naming her baby too, words that go easily with other good words... I'm just saying... LOL okay, you can name her whatever you want... let's name another horse! Whatcha got!???
big_smile.png

Well crap. I'm only allowed a maximum of 20 characters including blank spaces. Redhot Hickory Switch is 21
he.gif
I could squish two words together, or leave a letter out somewhere. The only Hickory Switch I can find foaled in 1967 so I can reuse his name as long as he didn't win any points (and isn't alive and 42 yrs old!). I like the 'red' part though, her grandsire is Red Alkali who we have at the ranch.

Quote:
Red Hot Hikry Switch?
Peppy's Lorie Darlin'? (or just Peppy Lorie Darlin) Pep's accomplishments look nice! They all do...I had no idea they had pedigrees going back 200 years+!
She looks like burnished gold, but everything I get from that is too long.

I love how far back that website traces their ancestry, it's amazing to see portraits of their ancestors from the 1700s!

I think we'll either go with Redhot HickorySwitch, Redhot Hickry Switch or just Hickory Switch. But then Hot Hickory Switch isn't taken either. Decisions, decisions.

Good news, Lorie is coming home on November 9th! The trainer said she should be more than ready by then, she hasn't given him any trouble at all. I can't wait but i'm scared to death too. Her colour reminds me of a penny, she's somewhere in between sorrel and chestnut. She has a copper glow in the summer. I love my boring sorrel horse
big_smile.png

Hmm, I kind of like "Hot Hickory Switch", if you have to choose among compressed versions. Or what about "Red Hot Hickory Gal"?

Of course if you are nervous about what she'll be like to work with, maybe you should just name her "Mabel" or "Fluffy" or something like that, LOL, get you in a better frame of mind
smile.png

Pat

Back
Top Bottom