Wanting to see if I want Chickens or rather Fresh Eggs.

flyrunner

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 14, 2012
A friend suggested this site to me last night when she said she was off to buy a light for her chickens. My reply, "I want chickens!" So here I am checking out if I think that I can raise some chickens to have those yummy fresh eggs. So many people have said "just do it", but my reply is, "I am from Missouri...you got to show me." So I am ready to read up and be shown. Living in HOT central Texas for the last 18 yrs, married 21 years and have 3 teenagers and many animals. HERE I GO...
wee.gif

Greetings from Kansas, flyrunner, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Let me join the "just do it" chorus!! I think if you read up on the various topics on BYC, ask questions and learn, you will be ready to take the poultry plunge. Best of luck to you!

Welcome to BYC flyrunner. There is so much info on this site that if you try to absorb it all you'll be too old to start raising chickens, LOL.
Sometimes "just do it" is the right answer. There are some good basic tips on getting started and then once you have a few hens you can learn the rest as you go. The most important thing I've learned here is to relax, breath, ask questions and discover how loveable those crazy chickens are. Hope you take the plunge. It's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom