1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ware Backyard hutch

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ZooZoo, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Has anyone purchased the backyard hutch from ware? It says it can be used for chickens also. I know its not big, but maybe be a good house for a pair or trio of bantams such as serama's. For $79.00 it seems like a decent price.
    Heres the link:
    http://www.waremfginc.com/products.asp?p=01533

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh that is a nice looking tractor type coop......would work great for a trio of seramas or batams....not a bad price at all.especially for peeps like me who couldn't build something to save my own life [​IMG]

3. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    It looks nice, but the holes in the wire around the pen look too big, I'd probably reinforce it with hardware cloth.

4. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Yeah, thats a good idea. What do you guys think about the dimensions? How many bantams could fit in there?
    thanks

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It looks like a nice chicken tractor. If you used one I would cover over the wire with a smaller holed wire like a hardware cloth. Those holes look big enough a coon could snatch a hen and eat her through the wire. Sorry to be graphic but it does happen.

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Looks cute to me. Wish I could see the inside of the end.

Yeah, I'd say a pair or trio of bantams, maybe from the looks. I didn't check the dimensions out, though so I may be off.

Agree about the wire definitely.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by