Warm Welcomes From Cali Coast!

ConvertedFarmGirl

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2018
Santa Barbara, California
8F606641-5A9B-41D1-85D8-D1D9D9C0CA6D.jpeg

Hi y’all! I recently bought myself some little ladies from an event known as Chick Days at Lemos Pet Supply on the 24th; I was able to see all of the lil cuties and ask for specific breeds from the handler himself, but sadly in the fit of all the excitement, I forgot some of the breeds ‍♀️ I have six little lovelies, I believe they’re all about a week or two old and they’re all adorable!! I have so many questions because I wanna be the best chickie Mama I can be!

Enough rambling about the cuties though I grew up moving from house to house and as of recently I moved in with my boyfriend and his family who live on an avocado farm. They themselves already have a pig, five dogs, two cats, two ducks, and four chickens (three roosters and a hen). I get along great with all the animals except for two roosters They’re Jersey Giants and the black one likes to think he can push me around. I was scared of them for a while (Okay I still am! ) but I’ve gotten better at charging right back at them! My boyfriend and his mom thought that it would be best if I got to pick out and tend to some chicks to get over my fear of them. Needless to say, I ADORE my babies and if any ol’ rooster tries to get to them, I will make chicken soup out of them!

Anyways, I thought it would be best to sign up here because Google doesn’t always seem to have the answers I need and I want to spoil my chickies without harming them or scaring them

Attachments

• 07723748-61DA-429E-B961-32757DCFE3D7.jpeg
    07723748-61DA-429E-B961-32757DCFE3D7.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 4
Hello and welcome to BYC!! It's so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1
The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!
Awesome contests going on here: Hatch-A-Longs

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us.

:welcome:celebrate

Glad you're here !

A must have for your poultry is a FIRST AID KIT for any issues that would arise. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/suggestions-for-a-first-aid-kit.1150128/)
It's definitely better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Also, make sure your coop(s) have a proper amount of VENTILATION. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-there-and-cut-more-holes-in-your-coop.47774/) Your chickens will absolutely thank you for it!

One last thing, if you're into gardening, feel free to join this years SEED SWAP (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/seed-swap.1220129/)

View attachment 1313711

Hi y’all! I recently bought myself some little ladies from an event known as Chick Days at Lemos Pet Supply on the 24th; I was able to see all of the lil cuties and ask for specific breeds from the handler himself, but sadly in the fit of all the excitement, I forgot some of the breeds ‍♀️ I have six little lovelies, I believe they’re all about a week or two old and they’re all adorable!! I have so many questions because I wanna be the best chickie Mama I can be!

Enough rambling about the cuties though I grew up moving from house to house and as of recently I moved in with my boyfriend and his family who live on an avocado farm. They themselves already have a pig, five dogs, two cats, two ducks, and four chickens (three roosters and a hen). I get along great with all the animals except for two roosters They’re Jersey Giants and the black one likes to think he can push me around. I was scared of them for a while (Okay I still am! ) but I’ve gotten better at charging right back at them! My boyfriend and his mom thought that it would be best if I got to pick out and tend to some chicks to get over my fear of them. Needless to say, I ADORE my babies and if any ol’ rooster tries to get to them, I will make chicken soup out of them!

Anyways, I thought it would be best to sign up here because Google doesn’t always seem to have the answers I need and I want to spoil my chickies without harming them or scaring them

sounds like you went in with both feet Welcome to Backyard Chickens

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes!! I’m so happy to have joined you all on this site!

I’ll have to stock up for the chickie First Aid! His momma is the type who says they can walk off ailments but i already know I’m a helicopter mom
The coop they have already is open link fence on all sides except one, has little boxes for nesting (enough for twenty chickens!), and has two runners for the chicks. I’ll most likely have my boyfriend redecorate it waaaayyyyy before my chickens can move in.
I’ve tried my hand at gardening but sadly only succulents seem to thrive under my care for now

I kinda did I mean, we made sure they have a place and set up their corner in our room before we got them but I did jump in without knowing how many I wanted at first or which breeds to get

G'Day from down under ConvertedFarmGirl :frowWelcome and Congratulations! :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

Your babies are so cute! :love If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of them and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in these links:

Back
Top Bottom