Warning, Foster Farms

However, investigators have asked the company to fix the problem.

"They do have the ability to better control their production process to reduce the amount of contamination on the product they're producing," Agriculture Department spokesperson Daniel L. Engeljohn said.

The Agriculture Department issued a public health alert this week after 278 people got sick. Five of those people were from Fresno.
Investigators linked all of those illnesses to salmonella strains and Foster Farms.

"This operation can operate in a more consistent and optimal way and so with that and in light of the illnesses that are associated we're expecting there will be substantive changes," Engeljohn said.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?id=9282327

Properly cleaning a bird before cooking should be common sense. On the other hand, unfortunately some people still eat what Foster Farms sells. I wouldn't eat one of those chickens, feed it to my dogs, or support their illegal alien hiring practices.

I realize that nothing is set in concrete and that people are capable of change. However......

When I was a boy Americans beat down the doors of every slaughter house and chicken processing plant looking for work. Now the average American worker feels like this type of work or any work in the agricultural industry for that matter is beneath them. Who am I to disagree with their own evaluation of their own life's' skills or their lack of same?

Unfortunately these workers could be correct. Meaning that Americans are no longer go getter sharks, but now they are more like remora fish trying to hitch a free ride on the hides of illegal aliens who have a job, or perhaps they are following the path of least resistance like water or lighting. Meanwhile the illegal aliens working at most agricultural companies wants a job and the illegal aliens are willing to work hard once they land a job, instead of standing around the water cooler like too many Americans do now, blaming "The Man" for their own pitiful short comings as human beings.

Illegal aliens are not the source of the contamination nor have they added to the problem, but too many Americans now expect some alphabet agency 2,000 miles away whose employees may not even know were eggs come from to protect them from Mother Nature without legal Americans raising a finger to help themselves.

Last edited:
Well, I certainly didn't intend to get off track with this thread. But in response to chickengeorge, the "Man" is every American who employs an illegal alien to undercut the wages of other Americans. Wages, conditions that were fought for and lives given for. There are a percentage of bums, who have citizenship in any nation across the world. That doesn't justify the opportunistic and lawless behavior of employers using illegal immigrants as livestock, or the Federal government encouraging it so the first party in power who passes amnesty has an increased voter base. I've done labor work all my life, and there is not one contractor I know worth their salt that can beat a bid on contractors who hire illegals, because those contractors pay them less, or pay in cash that doesn't get reported to the IRS. They stay afloat due to good money managing and quality work, but is getting harder for them. That most certainly isn't because too many Americans are "standing around the water cooler".

Last edited:
Very well said Michael. Whenever I hear someone say Americans are lazy and won't do this type of work, I wonder if they themselves would gladly get on a roof all day in 100 plus degree heat of the Texas summer and replace shingles for $7.00 an hour cash. Being a go getter means you have somewhere to go. I started working in a factory many years ago for less than $5 an hour. I glady did it knowing that if I worked hard and smart, I would keep getting better jobs paying more money. It is not like this anymore. This is what "the Man" has changed in this country. I could keep going on and on, but it makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.........

Back
Top Bottom