*WARNING* GRAPHIC Embryo Quitter PICS (educational) *New pics 1st post

you took a really nice pic! very imformative, thanks
smile.png

island.girlie :

If I were to open a quitter like this...will it smell? Thanks.

Good question, this is exactly why I didn't crack open my quitters.

I've smelled a rotten egg that broke open and it's worse than rotten seafood on a hot hot day.

Dove​

Quote:
The ones with a bacterial infection might not be good for a dog or cat to eat. Aside from those... why not? It's protein.

You're very welcome everyone. And again, thank you so much... for the compliments and the approval. island.girlie, I was looking at my eBay sellers feedback and noticed you got some Amer/EE eggs from the same guy as I did.
smile.png
Good luck with yours!

Last edited:
I took pics of two quitters (only posting the one that stopped growing about day 14).... opened the two eggs yesterday morning on day 19...

They did NOT stink at all!!!! Well, I was so prepared for stinking... I didn't take a deep wiff of the one that quit about day 7-9 .. the chick himself did not smell at all... I was surprised!

ooohh it was so cute and perfect.. it looked ALL Black Australorpe exactly (like Roo)... the hens are both Ameracauna from Ideal.

.....................pics are Graphic... but this seems to be the right tread... sorry for quality the cell cam does not justice to the beauty of this little guy...

4456505.jpg

I had removed him from his sac to take this picture... I was freaking out inside... but he was still and peaceful.... so I started to calm down too...

---------------
7946370.jpg

Next I washed the little chick off.. I examined his little body and felt the toe nails... they feel like soft cartlidge... so I'm estimating he quit on about day 14?? day 15?... (opened on Day 19) there are scales on his tiny legs too... and eyes just look shut.... awww... I can't believe how perfectly formed he is...

There are still hopefully LIVE chicks in my new hatching bator.. it is still air but is based on Miss Prissy's.. I SO want those 3 to make it... they looked FULL In the shells at last candleling... today is day 20.

Back
Top Bottom