**Warning: GRAPHIC Pics* What should I do besides clean these wounds?

Quote:
Shoot. That's what I was afraid of. Thanks to you and DH for the housecall.
wink.png

We had a roo that was bitten by a dog. Turned very green about a week after the initial injuries. We were also worried about pseudomonas. For a topical ointment Silvadene was recommended. It is usually used for human burn patients. The vet that recommended it said it was more effective against pseudomonas than any other topical. Anyway, vet called it in to the people pharmacy and after about 3 days the green cleared up. He is fine now except the hens are now pecking his bare spots where the feathers have not grown in. We did try to give him bactrim ?not sure now orally. I'm not sure how much he got as his dose was like .15 mm.

Last edited:
Yes, the green on our roo looked just like your photos. We weren't sure if it was bruising or not. From the responses on here sounds like it probably wasn't. Ours had the exact same color green but much more of it. It seemed to follow up the feather shaft. It didn't smell really, I would have expected it to smell more like "infection" if you know what I mean. I think your hen will be ok
fl.gif
PS My DH was actually sad that he didn't have a chicken hat in his stocking! I never, in ONE MILLION years, thought he would want one! But they're so cute he said! His b-day is in March....I'll PM you!

Back
Top Bottom