warning to everyone

I can't believe the owners came and got their dogs.. it baffles me... I would take a walk around the neighborhood and see what neighbor can't look me in the eye! I would have taken pictures of the area, the paw prints and you may have found some foot prints along with the moved cinder blocks.. and then I would have gone to see the animal control officer with my pictures even if it was just to file a complaint.

I too am dealing with neighbors who let thier dogs roam. I think our pen is safe from them but you never know.. So I carry mace with me all the time and if he is out around my coop and I can get to him in time he'll be getting a taste of it!

Oh and I'm very sorry for your loss
sad.png

Last edited:
Got to agree with previous poster------ Fence Charger!!!!!!!

Not the answer to all problems it is cheap and easy to install. In this case one wet nose on the hot wire and a yelp all you see is dog beatin feet runnin like his hairs on fire with his butt a catchin.

Call and report incident to sheriff, they will not do any sort of investigation but they will make a report.

Hello
Ed Harris here.
Please look what has happened to me in Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances . I'm now being civilly sued over killing one of two dogs that interred our property attacking our chickens/turkeys. Two of my children and I tried many ways to get the dogs to go away yelling screaming. Fearing my youngest daughter was in the pen hurt possibly hiding does not matter; having the dogs run back at full speed coming at me does not matter, living in fear of dogs’ does not matter
I cannot say enough find out or local laws.

This is what could happen to you if you defend yourself, your family, your animals, livestock, and or property.

Mr.Gapp has chosen to file a civil laws suit against me.

Working with an attorney
Geordie Duckler of
The Animal Law Practice
5331 SW Macadam Ave. Suite 299
Portland Oregon 97239

I was served a summons to court for:
Conversion;
Intentional Infliction of emotional distress;
Loss of Companionship;

They claim that neither I or any family member or animal was at risk of being harmed or killed when the dogs attacked on our property on June 19th of this year. We should have felt no fear because of his dogs and what they were doing.

I need your outrage at this travesty of injustice we are all being attacked for the simplest form of the human right to protect Self, Family, and Our property the animals or livestock we are responsible for.

Mr. Gapp in my option believes that it is his right to use my land and the private land bordering his 10’000 square foot lot for his own use. As do his neighbors, their dogs should have the freedom to run and do what dogs do. Please help me to fight this gross frailer of our system.

Warnings check your insurance because the allegations against me in the summons our alleged to be intentional .

Farmers Insurance has now dropped my case. Saying they don’t cover intentional acts. Because the Gapps with their attorney have said this was an intentional act Farmers can now drop it.

Summonses don’t have to state facts they can allege anything. The truth does not matter…
Farmers after making a low ball offer to pay them off has now drop the case in my hands.

The police, the city, not a person I have spoken with believe my actions were anything more than defensive.

I have built nothing more than a pinball machine trying to keep my children birds safe. Since the attack on June 19th we have had a bird killed a turkey ripped up and another dog come at me.

Check your laws
Check your insurance
Know that you are going to stand alone, Truth does not matter, and Defense does not matter.

I'm working with the police; signs have been put up by our Chief of Police because of how big our problem has been

But my family has to foot the bill to fight this...
Money, Time.... Attorneys... it is flat out unjust

My children are blaming themselves we wanted the birds.... should we get rid of them????
My wife crys because we feel so alone...helpless
I'm not saying don't have birds. We just want you to know be carefull

I had a bear try to break into my coop one night, he nearly got in but a grain bucket I left outside next to the coop distracted him and he only made a huge dent in the coop. After that we contacted the NYS animal control/DEC office hoping to rehome the bear. They tell us that there are bears moving in and we have to deal with it. However....
They loaned us 2 "critter Gitters". They are alarms that are activated by movement, so when a predator comes by it makes a (really annoying) noise...scaring off the predator. Obviously this only works at night when the chickens are in the coop (or they set it off). If it works for bears I hope it works for the coyotes. We have a game camera up and have yet to see a picture of anything but I think the alarm scares them off so quickly the camera gets nothing. (lots of pictures of nothing). Other than that...ultra predator proof the area or electric fencing will keep things out even during the day for domestic canines. The DEC was not as helpful as I had hoped, but with bear population on the rise it's a fact of life here. We built new coops and runs to stand up to the new standards set by the bear.

Sorry to hear of your loss, I pray I do not see a day like that.
hit.gif

Last edited:
Hello you need to know...
The dog owner can come at you saying anything.
If they have the money which in our case seems to be...

I was served a summons to civil court for:

Conversion; Keeping property from owner

Intentional Infliction of emotional distress; Harming these dogs would cause the owners pain

Loss of Companionship; loss of a loved animal I should have know my acts would cause owner pain

All are alleged Intentional acts

They say our animal where in no danger in their pen nor was my family or I...

Well.....sorry, but I learned SSS ( shoot, shovel and shut-up ) on this forum and that is what has always worked for me and that is what I plan on continueing to do. The burden of proof is on the prosecution. Our friend should just plan a good case, but he is innocent, until proven guilty. And I would contact the commissioner of insurance also.
But I can say, I know for a fact that dogs can climb 2 X 4 wire, but it looks funny. If you want your animals protected, you can't leave any stone unturned. I completely believe that the owners assisted the dogs out and kept their mouths shut. They don't want to have trouble with you, although owning up to it would have been more honorable and they want to protect their dogs. You know what.....notice if maybe certain dogs are now going to be fenced in or put on runs that weren't before.

I am sorry for your losses, I am very aware of dogs climbing fences though. I owned a houdini GSD that would climb any fence you put her in.

Back
Top Bottom