warning to everyone

mlm1965

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 14, 2009
Maryville, TN
I just wanted to warn everyone that a dog will climb a fence and you better have a good top on your run. I lost all of my flock Friday to a couple of dogs while I was at work. They ate most of my Roo but just killed the hens. So be forewarned all of you using deer netting or nylon netting for the top of your run!

The reason I know it was dogs is because they left their paw prints all over the window to the coop.

That is terrible.
sad.png

My word! That sounds like the work of coyotes, not mere dogs. Coyotes absolutely will climb a fence and do travel in packs.

I am so sorry for the loss of your flock.
sad.png

So sorry for your loss. I won't let my chickens out unless I'm with them. And my hubby built little moveable tunnels for them to run through to get to their tractor outside.

When I was a kid, we had chickens and my Dad covered the run with chicken wire. I remember asking him why, and he said, "you'll see."
Could'nt have been more than a couple of days later when I saw a hawk for the first time, up close. It was sitting on top of the run, admiring our flock and it wouldn't fly away until I got less than 5' from it.
My Dad's a smart guy
big_smile.png

Quote:
Actually my cement blocks that I put against the bottom of the doors were moeved and setting up just like I had moved them back to open the door. Looks like someone came to get their dogs. But they sure did not tell me!

Back
Top Bottom