warning to everyone

I am so sorry for your losses!!!!
hugs.gif

I suggest that you file a report with the police or sheriff's dept. That way there is a record in case it happens again or you find the culprits, especially if they came and got their dogs. Ask around the neighborhood. Maybe somebody saw something.

ETA: It might also be time for a game camera. They will likely be back.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a two-legged perp who will not come forward. This is how dogs get killed and feuds start, but you are in the right to take whatever action you have to to protect what is yours from preds, whether pets or not. I thought coyotes until you added the part about the cinder blocks being moved. They are notorious fence climbers, as are most hounds. No doubt a little questioning of neighbors in a small radius will turn up a likely prospect. Likely the wandering pack/duo/whatever has done other unsavory things before that you had not heard about.

It might be a good time to consider a fence-charger. I did a 6 ft welded wire fence with a 2 ft tall run of chicken wire inside to keep chooks from poking their heads thru. I set it in cement and installed a 5-mile 4 Kilovolt fence charger. It has 4 courses of hot wire beginning at 8" off the ground and ending at 42" off of the ground. No dig-ins or climb-overs yet. Alternative is to trap and dispose of the preds, even if you only get them one-by-one.
wink.png

I'm very sorry for your loss, what a terrible tragedy. If this was or seems like a predator attack you may want to call your state fish and wildlife office. Here in Delaware, Fish and Wildlife will reimburse you for losses incurred by a wildlife attack. I realize they can't bring back your flock but at least they might ease the finanical burden of starting over. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom