WARNING to those in the UNINCORPORATED SACRAMENTO CA area !!!!!!!! Pass this on!!!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by silky ma, Oct 21, 2015.

1. silky ma

silky ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    I just returned from my vet and was given a bulletin:

The Sacramento County Board of Supervisors voted July 22 2015 to change the residential zoning code to BAN ROOSTERS and ALL OTHER CROWING FOWEL regardless of your property zone designation!!!!! please pass this info on!!

[​IMG]

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Gosh!

3. rachelsflock

rachelsflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2015
    Detroit Metro Area
    That's disgusting. I'm so sorry.

4. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    How can a city make ordinances in unincorporated areas? I don't believe that's legal. Unincorporated is ruled by county.

5. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    It says the ordinance change was made by the COUNTY Board of Supervisors, not city

6. Hoody's Human

Hoody's Human Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Thank you for posting this flyer. The Supervisors moved up the meeting to Tuesday, 10/27/15 at 2:30 PM. Please try and make the meeting as we need to amass a big cocky flock. There is a 33 page .pdf that the County has published titled: PLNP2012-00092. Amendments To The Zoning Code Related To Crowing Fowl
    Looks like they have tried to factor in some of our concerns. But, the bottom line is they still recommend a ban.

Hope to see you there and thank you all for your support! You give my heart wings.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  7. silky ma

silky ma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Looks like we have a reprieve . They voted 4-1 to not ban Roos. They have another meeting to set this in stone...... I will breathe easier when this next meeting passes and there is no funny business to be had. Either way we are looking to move to shingle springs or auburn since my allergies have gotten worse and doc says get out of dodge!, this kind of back room antic just makes me want to leave faster!! Sacramento has a long history of farming just like so many other places do. Those. Who think they can erase this are just kidding themselves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by