Warren chickens

What's best to feed my warrens on for egg laying there on corn at the min and layers pellets as just come off chick pellets?

Welcome to BYC. You tagged onto a very old thread. I hope you didn't think everyone was ignoring your post.
When feeding young chicks, it is best to keep them on the Starter/Grower all the way until you see eggs. Layer pellets are fine, for a layer. Layer feed has a lot of additional calcium that only a layer needs to form egg shells everyday. A younger bird simply doesn't require that much calcium and it can be potentially harmful to their renal systems.

Welcome to BYC.

Last edited:
Thanks I'm getting there slowly..... I will give it them a little hand full daily then,is there any treats I can get them?

Last edited:
Also whats best to put in the nest box when they are ready to lay iv put hay in put the just take it out?

Welcome to BYC

You tagged onto a very old thread, so I hope you don't feel that anyone was ignoring your post.

You can mix the "Warren" with any other breed. Your plan for integration sounds like a good plan. The Warren, as mentioned, is merely Warren Poultry's version of the Red Sex Link hybrid layer.  Again, welcome to BYC.  
Thank you very much for getting back to me, I got a bluebell, a pied princess, a black pearl and 2 geeno duchess today, they are in the run now getting to the warrens :)

I know this thread is a little bit dated but does anyone know where to buy Warren chickens? I know a guy at my church and he calls them a WW Warrens and he said they are the best layers.

Back
Top Bottom