Was a normal baby chic, now can not walk long distance......

I agree with Rebascora in that it looks like possible Mareks. Hopefully not. She is very experienced with Mareks, and has good info in her threads. It's usual to get a new chick with Mareks, when your older girls have not been affected. Usually, the disease is in your environment. Here is a long article to read from another BYC member, kind of a "term paper" on Mareks:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-great-big-giant-mareks-disease-faq.66077/

I agree with Rebascora in that it looks like possible Mareks. Hopefully not. She is very experienced with Mareks, and has good info in her threads. It's usual to get a new chick with Mareks, when your older girls have not been affected. Usually, the disease is in your environment. Here is a long article to read from another BYC member, kind of a "term paper" on Mareks:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/the-great-big-giant-mareks-disease-faq.66077/

Thank you that was very helpful

Update on baby Ursula:

she's standing on both legs, and taken more steps them the last video I posted. as you can see she still wobbles a little but I believe she's looking better.

Since I last posted the video of my sweet Ursula she was doing great. outside running with her sisters, going in and out of the coop all by herself. eating, drinking. today 7-11 I went out like my normal routine and found her all alone under the raspberry bushes. she was having the same problems as before. no moving around legs up in the air, so I'm guessing what she has will never go away, and now only getting worse. this morning my husband put her down. no need for her to suffer anymore. good bye my sweet girl. thank you for fighting as long as you did! :( As a new chicken mom, for a 1 and two months now, this is the first time I had to loss one of my girls. she will be missed!

RIP Ursala 7-11-17.jpg

So sorry to hear that Ursula took a turn for the worse. I know making that decision is not easy, but it is a responsible one. It is possible to send their refrigerated body off for a necropsy if you are interested in knowing what the problem was. It can sometimes help in the management of your remaining flock but I understand that some people may not want this. I hope your remaining birds continues to thrive.

Best wishes

Barbara

So sorry to hear that Ursula took a turn for the worse. I know making that decision is not easy, but it is a responsible one. It is possible to send their refrigerated body off for a necropsy if you are interested in knowing what the problem was. It can sometimes help in the management of your remaining flock but I understand that some people may not want this. I hope your remaining birds continues to thrive.

Best wishes

Barbara
thank you, the rest of my flock look happy and healthy... will keep me eyes on them.

Back
Top Bottom