Was I just lucky? Ayam Cemani at TSC

Jovajay0926

Chirping
Mar 17, 2022
Has anyone had this happened? A few months ago I went to Tractor Supply and bought some chicks. 6 of them were black and as they grew I was curious as to what type of chickens they were, well it turned out they’re Ayam Cemanis. They’re completely black including the tongue and everything. Was I just lucky or has this happened to anyone. I wonder if TSC even knew what they had. I paid like $4 per chick and by looking online at other hatchery websites those chicks are pretty expensive.

Theyre more likely mystic onyx. I'll check my two girls mouths to be sure, but i have one that is almost a carbon copy of a cemani hen. Pretty sure none of the hatcheries TSC order from sell cemanis
Ok well that makes sense. Mine are VERY similar to the cemanis that’s why I thought I got lucky 🤣🤣 even the meat part looks black just like the description of it but I had my doubts since I had a feeling TSC doesn’t sell cemanis. Thank you!

Ok well that makes sense. Mine are VERY similar to the cemanis that’s why I thought I got lucky 🤣🤣 even the meat part looks black just like the description of it but I had my doubts since I had a feeling TSC doesn’t sell cemanis. Thank you!
Besides the mouths (I'll look when i let them out), the only give away on one is an extra toe. She lays a similar shade, has black skin and feathering, smaller comb, everything.

Do u have pictures?
495D21D5-D9DE-4A2B-85A7-192952B277ED.jpeg

81066189-F1A8-468A-9D58-298E4C2C21A1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom