was she atacking me?

chooster the rooster

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 9, 2009
well I went out to the coop to put my red stars away, and one of the girls flew up to me like she was mad or something. I have 5 pullets and a cockeral all the same age. Like I said one of them jumped at me and she was planing on it. I could see her dippin her head down and squating, ready to take off. Not sure what she was thinking. Any one have some strange behavior like this.

Thanks...cody

My guess is you where between the door and the chicken.
big_smile.png

I've had a chicken fly up to my shoulder and perch there, one jump onto my back when I was crouched down and chickens trying to jump up to food bowls.

From the sounds of it an isolated incident isn't anything to worry about. I would only worry if she starts flying at you every day.

She might have just thought she saw something, or been going for the door, gotten excited. I am sure there are chickeny reasons.

My red star hens love attention from me.. They also can be a bit fussy if I hold another chicken! They cluck and fluff up their feathers until I pick them up.
I doubt she was attacking you.. probably just wanted to be held! Try sitting down and let her jump up onto your lap..... Oh the joy of chickens
big_smile.png

Why I wear a hat to do chores is I hate it when the banties land on my head
sad.png

I made the mistake of carrying my plate of food out to the yard with me to watch the girls while I ate. I had two jump onto me. One landed on my plate and quickly snatched a piece of cheese before I shook her off. They move fast.

Back
Top Bottom