Was this weasel or what?PHOTOS BIRD AFTER ATTACK DaytimeJustBeforeDarK

Well I missed all these posts as I went to bed early last night but the carcass is buried already.

There was no smell at all and everybody gets along, I have never seen a fight in there at all.

I take care of them myself, no helpers. What is the OP? I am thinking operations person??

So would I put this out after lockdown and check in AM? Just need to locate the proper trap.

I will post a picture today of the actual set up and one showing how I found the door opened when I got back and perhaps that would shed some light on this. Sure do appreciate all of your help guys :).

Quote:
Close but it means original poster in this context

Quote:
Yes, if your birds spend their days in a run you can also place the trap outside the run all of the time (live traps only).

Quote:
A live trap big enough for a raccoon and wrapped to make it weasel tight should do the trick.

Tootsie,

I hope you understand that that chicken wire isn't even close to being predator proof, several predators can go through it, several can rip it apart, and at least one will try to pull your chickens through it.

I will line the door with hardware cloth, it was fine using it that way for over a year but as I said the door was part open I will post pic later today of how I found it after the attack. Thanks just don't want anyone bothering my chickens.

Quote:
Well if the trap is covered the skunk isn't likely to spray you, a tarp or other covering over part of the trap (before the skunk is caught) will allow you to approach the trap and pull the covering over the rest of the trap.

There are no guarantees that the skunk won't let loose but you shouldn't get sprayed.

Back
Top Bottom