washclothes

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 19Dawn76, Dec 1, 2009.

1. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    My neices were watching the Tyra Banks show yesterday and it was about cultural differences. Someone brought up the subject of washclothes. The audience was polled and more than half of them did not use washclothes. I had no idea that some people did not use wash clothes. I use 2 a day one for my shower at night and one in the AM to wash my face with. I started thinking maybe it was a northern thing as the show is taped up north. It's so strange that i keep thinking about this.[​IMG]

How many of you use washclothes?

2. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Yep, use wash clothes here....but I'm from the north.

3. cndula@elp.rr.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    El Paso, Tx
    I'm from west Texas. I use a washcloth every day to wash my face. Never use one in the shower.

4. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I use those pre soaped disposable cloths for my face, the ones that remove makeup and moisturize and all that.
    I stopped using washcloths in the shower years ago, I had too many people in the family to keep up with all the washclothes that were being used in the showers and got use to not using one.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  5. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I hope no one thinks that I am implying that not using a washcloth is wrong in any way. It just never occured to me that something that is so basic a part of my daily routine would be unusual to someone else.

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    My Granny used to call them warshcloths.....No wonder my spelling was always atrocious we spelled phonetically when I was in school....But I love to hear that accent to this day.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I use bath scrubbies made of netting. I get them at the dollar store and every guest here gets a new one for their visit. They go home with them when they leave.

8. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I do get those shower puffs sometimes, I love those!

9. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I say warshcloths [​IMG]

I use washcloths, too. Mostly to clean with - wipe the kitchen counters, clean the bathroom...
    The kids use washcloths when they take a bath. I like to use those netted sponges in the shower - I can't remember what they're called? [​IMG]

10. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Well may as well add my southern form of wash cloth's down here we call them "Wash Rags" and yep we use'em too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by