Washington Hatcheries

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Laura78, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Laura78

Laura78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    I've been reading the horror stories on the forum of chicks being shipped and I'm trying to avoid that while still getting some chicks I don't think the feed stores will get. What I'm looking for are.....d Uccles, silkies (my boyfriend wants these badly and prefers whites), frizzles, cochins, cubalayas, and Polish or Sultans. With how close our neighbors are we really want to stick to pullets, but if we've got to get straight runs, then that's what we'll do. We'd either sell, give away, or eat the roos. I really wish we had had more than 1/2 an acre so I could keep the roos and have baby chicks running around.

2. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    1).Harders Hatchery
    624 N. Cow Creek Rd.
    Ritzville, WA 99169
    509-659-1423

2).Northwest Gamebirds
    228812 E. Game Farm Rd
    Kennewick, WA 99337
    509-586-0150
    fax: 509-585-9766

3).Northwest Wildfowl
    10114 54th Place N.E.
    Everett, WA 98205
    425-334-8223

4).Springhetti Gamebird Farm
    12220 Springhetti Road
    Snohomish, WA 98290
    360-568-7277

3. Laura78

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    I will be checking out the one in Everett and Snohomish, they are the closest ones to me, thank you so much. We'll also be going to a show in March to meet some other breeders and may find what we want there.

4. Master S.M.C

Master S.M.C Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Maryland
    Quote:You are very welcome

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

A feed store that I love is the one called Monroe Farm and Feed. They are in Monroe, LOL, right next to the evergreen state fair grounds. They have a HUGE selection of chicks, in the last few years at least, that do include silkies, banties, EE's, assorted egg layers, meat birds, and so on. I want to say they may already have chicks and if not, within the next month for sure. They are very nice from my experience and are family owned at my last knowledge. They are awesome too in that they make sure everyone who walks out the door with a meat bird KNOWS that it is a meat bird and not meant to be a pet. Sure prevents heartbreak when an unsuspecting buyer wants two chicks for eggs, and 10 weeks later, learns they were to be on a table weeks ago.

6. Laura78

Feb 24, 2009
    Snohomish County, WA
    Quote:They do have chicks now, I've got 11 of their chicks sitting in a cardboard box right next to me, lol.

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

LOL

That is funny. Maybe you can ask them if they are willing to add the chicks of your choice onto an order? Never tried that myself.

8. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:I will second that. Kim & Barry are great folks and they keep their facilities clean and well maintained. They are also very attentive to the chicks. Of all the feedstores I've been to, and I've been two at least a half dozen around here, I would highly recommend them above all.

Just be advised of one thing, their "Ameraucanas" aren't Ameraucanas but are Easter Eggers.

God Bless,

9. MilkMaid

MilkMaid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Harders hatchery in Ritzville has been closed for a few years now, and I am hearing rumors that Phinney hatchery in Walla Walla is closing down this year too.

10. Donnadzitall

Donnadzitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Granite Falls WA
    Quote:They do have chicks now, I've got 11 of their chicks sitting in a cardboard box right next to me, lol.

Oh wow, I thought they weren't getting chicks till March 4th...did they have Americanas? Hmmmm, I may have to take a field trip tomorrow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by