Washington Potluck Sign-up for the Washington Party

Since it seems there is not much clamor to be the first to post an item, how about we make a category list. Then maybe it will spark some ideas.
Some food dishes I am considering are:

Chuck wagon Cowboy Beans
Dark and Light Chess Squares (bar cookies)
Upside Down Pineapple tarts
Baby Corn and Pea Salad with Goldfish
And about 15 others. Feel free to pick something close to one of these.... I am still in the planning stages.

Another thing is that I am sure some of us will come home with a favorite recipe after all of the festivities over the holidays. Maybe it is just a matter of the timing right now.

Last edited:
Growing up for the holidays our only family traditional food was a cranberry refrigerator cake that my mom made. It was from an old White House cookbook. I think I'm the only one who now remembers how to make it. It's more of a trifle type dessert. I have also made it with raspberries, and I have a freezer full of raspberries from my yard. If there is any interest I'll make that as my frivolous item for fun. It always gets lots of compliments, and is a bit different.

I mostly make entrees now at potlucks, or substantial salads. I'll keep it diabetic friendly, heart healthy AND full of flavor.

Weaveagarden,

Your items sound great. I'm expecting to see all 19 of them there.
roll.png
just kidding. Sounds like you know your way around a kitchen.
I'll get the recipes to you as soon as I decide.

Russ- going to a potluck tomorrow and have no idea what to make yet.

Quote:
I know my way to the can opener, and can mix and heat. But I am terrible with a knife..... It runs in the family. So most of my stuff is pre cut, or I don't make it. I asked for a salad shooter for christmas, or a food processor...... We will see.

Quote:
I know my way to the can opener, and can mix and heat. But I am terrible with a knife..... It runs in the family. So most of my stuff is pre cut, or I don't make it. I asked for a salad shooter for christmas, or a food processor...... We will see.

If you don't get it or even if you do. I have a mini food processor in my cupboard that has never been out of the box. It's not a name brand, but you can have it if you want it. I can either mail it or bring it in February.

Russ

Quote:

If you don't get it or even if you do. I have a mini food processor in my cupboard that has never been out of the box. It's not a name brand, but you can have it if you want it. I can either mail it or bring it in February.

Russ

That is very nice of you. If I don't get one, and you remember it at the party, I will take it. Thanks. I will owe you one..... Want some eggs?

Quote:
EGADS! We can't have that happen. Why whatever will everyone think of us? Let's see if I can save this thread...
gig.gif

...Weaveagarden

We'll use the processor on anyone who picks on us. nonono

Too problematic
hide.gif

We'll use the processor on everyone's food. nonono

unless the party is in a nursing home.
droolin.gif

we'll use the processor as a Cook Book Putter Together gift to ensure party success, for you. YeaYeaYea!

And now you have an official title.
celebrate.gif

Whew close one there. Thanks Nyrial. I raise a glass to you tonight.

Imp- BTW I'm making garlic smashed red potatoes, crescent rolls, and dill-stuffed belgian endive for tomorrow

caf.gif
(This is me.... Quietly chuckling in the background not saying a single word - Please take note when the off topic tickets are written and distributed).

No seriously. I am starting a new topic in which we can talk about the recipe book. I have no problem with off topic, as long as people make bold any Recipes so that I can get them in the book. I will put the link here and in the Washingtonians topic when I finally get it done. I know it is hard to count up things and keep track if we talk too much in this one, so let's make it as easy as possible for those who have to weed through it.

Back
Top Bottom