Washington State Breeders?? Hatcheries??

Hey there cblakley0531! I'm in the Oly area and am working to build a flock like yours! Did you have any luck this past year?
I didn't have too much luck! Just started my flock this season (was a super last second decsion because our 4 year old begged us lol), so we ended up buying from local stores, however, in the next two years (waiting to find a house with land) we will be expanding our flock BIG time and I will be able to do heavier research on local farmers/breeders! :)

Baxter Barn is an option. Never bought from him, but he gets all his chicks from commercial hatcheries. Talked to him on the phone a couple of times, don't care for the way he treats people over the phone, and not interested in doing business with him AT ALL. But if he has what you want, and he's nice to you over the phone, then who knows?? Oh, be prepared to pay a $5/person fee just to go to his place. And don't even think about showing up without an making an appointment!!!!!

Now if you want great customer service....:

There's a lady in Roy (WAY closer than Fall City), that has good variety of rare breeds. Her name is Naida and you can find her on Craigslist: (253) 229-7061 - she texts

Also there's an awesome small farm family business in Tacoma that sells heritage breeds: The Bradley Farm (you can find them on Facebook).

There's also another lady in Auburn that has rare bantam breeds and some regular size birds, Her name is Sandra and you can also find her on CL: (206) 859-0233 - she also texts

For silkies go to Linda in Auburn: (253) 833-8213

And finally for true ameraucanas (not Easter Eggs), lavender orpington and more heritage breeds, go to Lyn in Gig Harbor: (253) 677-6583

I've had awesome experience with all of them. They are not hatcheries, just people that love their hobbies and sell their love in chick or hatching eggs shape!!! :)

Good luck!!!
THIS IS AWESOME INFO! Thank you beyond words!! I can't wait to start looking around!

We're in Western Washington. You can see our breeds on our website (www.berrytanglefarm.com) or on Facebook.

We're also looking to talk with anyone in Western Washington who ships chicks. We are in the midst of a battle with the USPS over their handling of chicks and would love to speak with others who have a similar experience.

[email protected]
888/212-2103
YAY!!!! You're so close! Gosh, now that you have shared, can't wait to meet you guys in the future, I don't think we'll be able to get my dream flock started (15-20 birds) in 2015 depending on buying a house, but definitely looking at 2016 for getting that flock of mine! :) I'm very happy you reached out! THank you again!

We are located in Bellingham, but we only sell Cornish Cross chicks. I'm not aware of any other hatcheries in the area, but if you're ordering in spring or summer, birds shipping from Oregon or Idaho should do fine. We ship that far fairly often and haven't had any mortalities reported yet (knock on wood!).

Went to Baxter Barn very helpful and nice. Female Chicks start at $3. Didn't have to pay the $5 that was an option for a full tour. Hi would recommend Baxter Barn anytime.

Phinney's Hatchery has closed is doors :( I've gotten hens from them over the years but shortly after 2011 passing of Mr. Phinney they shut the doors. Just found this out today been awhile since I needed any hens. I'm looking for yearling hens.. I live I Central WA.

Baxter Barn is an option. Never bought from him, but he gets all his chicks from commercial hatcheries. Talked to him on the phone a couple of times, don't care for the way he treats people over the phone, and not interested in doing business with him AT ALL. But if he has what you want, and he's nice to you over the phone, then who knows?? Oh, be prepared to pay a $5/person fee just to go to his place. And don't even think about showing up without an making an appointment!!!!!

Now if you want great customer service....:

There's a lady in Roy (WAY closer than Fall City), that has good variety of rare breeds. Her name is Naida and you can find her on Craigslist: (253) 229-7061 - she texts

Also there's an awesome small farm family business in Tacoma that sells heritage breeds: The Bradley Farm (you can find them on Facebook).

There's also another lady in Auburn that has rare bantam breeds and some regular size birds, Her name is Sandra and you can also find her on CL: (206) 859-0233 - she also texts

For silkies go to Linda in Auburn: (253) 833-8213

And finally for true ameraucanas (not Easter Eggs), lavender orpington and more heritage breeds, go to Lyn in Gig Harbor: (253) 677-6583

I've had awesome experience with all of them. They are not hatcheries, just people that love their hobbies and sell their love in chick or hatching eggs shape!!!  :)

Good luck!!!

I know this thread is a few years old but I live in Gig Harbor and dying to get my hands on some lavender and blue Orpingtons. Do you know if the lady in Gig Harbor is still selling?

Back
Top Bottom