Washington State Dep. of Wildlife---AHHHH!! They wont help!!

Quote:
Well, yeah, it is black and white. Do I let my kids/livestock/pets be killed/maimed by a cougar or do I take care of the cougar? How can that be a grey area?
As for "whack jobs". I'd like to take a few whack jobs way out in the Cascades, where I pretty much lived, and see just how they survive. I'll bet at the end of a long winter in the mountains, if they survive, they'd have a different outlook on the STUPID laws passed by those who.............................DON'T HAVE A CLUE!!

IMPARTIAL EXPERTS?! There is no such thing. I have my agenda you have yours. And only people with the "right" agenda (who's right?) are picked to make decisions for those who, if asked, do actually know. Did they go to some University and earn a degree? Nope. They earned theirs in the school of life experience and first hand knowledge of............."the real world".

I never said let anyone get killed, and am sorry you don't understand what I said, perhaps I didn't explain it thoroughly but its too long a conversation for a forum. I will try only once more
hmm.png

There are ways to co-exist but it is more complicated than you are saying, if it wasn't there would be only one clear black or white choice. It is not your agenda or mine--its the entire human race and the animals and plants we live with. I am highly allergic to bees and I used to have them killed but I learned they are critical to the human and animal race so I now plant flowers they need to survive! Am I risking death? Maybe, but I educated myself and don't run from them and learned how to avoid getting stung. I also carry an epi-pen to inject myself if I do get stung. That is what I am saying. Learn how to live with them and protect yourself. Perhaps a cougar does need to be relocated in high risk areas but not all the time. Education is important and anyone can get it.

We could not survive without predators and prey as the food chain is precariously balanced. This means each and every animal causes changes down the line and eventually the plant life, soils and the temperature of the earth. We need to see the big picture to know what happens. Black and white answers are why we are in the situation we are in--extinctions and loss of food. Bees are dying from the collapsing hive syndrome all over the globe (I would have thought this was good before I was educated) and they pollinate 1/3 of our food supply--now that's threatened. How did that happen? The insecticides we used to kill pests that eat our crops we planted in acres and acres that once was grass or woodlands. Whales are dying as they have found almost all of the whales around the world have high levels of metals only made and used by man--no natural ones. And of course you have heard of the oil spill in the gulf. Education AND experience does exist. Don't knock education as its why have been able to survive for thousands of years--by educating yourself. How far would we go if we didn't take what was learned (yes by personal observations by others in the environment like you) and add to that prior information already learned by many others and data collected. That's all education is. Lots of folks who have been there.
wink.png

I am going to drop this line as I think name calling is inappropriate and needs to stop. I also don't think arguing is the right thing to do on the form. I do agree family needs to be protected in immediate danger but protection needs to be in place before any one gets hurt. The OP understands this but is concerned she is not getting help. lets stay on that train of though and not debate such a hot topic.

All it takes is a .22 and a spotlight and solved. Just say it was coming after you when u were checking on your flock. Its still legel to carry and defend yourself and your property.

Back
Top Bottom