Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Lutefisk

Lutefisk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    Pale gums is an emergency (shock) I would not delay getting him to the vet if I were you. Don't try to make him eat, he may need surgery. I would certainly not feed a Dane gravy or other carbohydrates under any circumstances, the risk of bloat/torsion is too great with Danes. Good luck to your boy.

2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Hope your dane is okay. But do not feed gravy. Gravy is so high in fat it can actually lead to liver failure over time. Try making some chicken broth or beef broth. All you need is some chicken bones (what is left after you eat a baked chicken) simmer that for a few hours then take the bones out and toss them, what you are left with is completely safe to give to your dog.
    you can also opt to add meat into that and feed a home cooked diet to your dog for a few days til he's feeling better.

3. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    also weird things to ask but how is your dogs poop? When a dog is getting sick or acting strange it's time to start checking out their poop. If they are pooping. If your dog hasn't gone in a few days go to the vet it means there is a blockage which can cause pale gums and not wanting to eat.

4. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    [​IMG]

5. hallerlake

hallerlake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Seattle
    Where in Federal Way. I used to live in Marine Hills.

6. itsren

itsren Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Pacific Northwest
    [​IMG]

Waiting for someone to come out and play.

7. itsren

Apr 19, 2012
    Pacific Northwest
    Were you ever part of Marine Hills Garden Club? I was for a few years - until my twins were born in 2004. After that, I was unable to attend any more.

Edited for spelling. Ugh!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  8. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    That is so adorable. The little pipped egg you posted last night is my favorite part of the hatch. So exciting to see that little pip.

I'm trying to talk DH into letting me get one of those incubators, but he doesn't want chicks brooded in the house. I told him I will just hatch when a broody is sitting.

9. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
  10. itsren

Apr 19, 2012
    Pacific Northwest

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by