Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

welcome-byc.gif

I don't know of any swaps, but there is a chicken show coming up in Monroe in 3 weeks.
I've never been to a chicken show. Is the show at the fairgrounds? Is that all they do is show their birds, or do they also have informative booths? Do they sell chicks? Can you get me more info?
I'm only a couple hrs. from Monroe and would love to go.
Thanks, Vicki

Today, I found out that Greenfire allows visitors!  I'll be visiting my father in Florida either at the very end of April or early May.  The airport I'll be flying into is in the same city (Talahassee)!  I'm SO going there.

On that note, please tell me that there aren't any meet-up plans around those times!  :fl

Jealous!

Today, I found out that Greenfire allows visitors! I'll be visiting my father in Florida either at the very end of April or early May. The airport I'll be flying into is in the same city (Talahassee)! I'm SO going there.

On that note, please tell me that there aren't any meet-up plans around those times!
fl.gif
There is the PNPA show at Vancouver 3rd weekend of April. Then the Oregon swap in Canby the following Saturday and then first weekend of May at Wells winery for the Lewis county tour of Winery's. Oooops the last one isn't poultry related just where Iron Imagery will be.
hide.gif

I've never been to a chicken show. Is the show at the fairgrounds? Is that all they do is show their birds, or do they also have informative booths? Do they sell chicks? Can you get me more info?
I'm only a couple hrs. from Monroe and would love to go.
Thanks, Vicki

Hi Vicki, where do you live? I've never been to a chicken show either, except the poultry barns at the fairs. I'm looking forward to a meet-up and potluck of BYC folks.

So, we had a real adventure yesterday! We found someone to haul the shed for us, for a price, of course. Since he could not do it till later in the afternoon, we went on our first adventure of the day.

We had been offered a bunch of firewood about 30 minutes from our place, and since we will need it for this next winter, how could we refuse? When people are trying to get $200 to $275 a cord of wood in this area, it's a no-brainer for us. Besides, our house is heated with hot water baseboards, run by a oil-fired boiler, and when we went thru 150 gallons in a month, I began to REALLY appreciate having a wood stove!

So, we drove over and started cutting wood, and got almost ONE load up our truck and trailer, and hubby's chainsaw all the sudden decided to go on vacation. *&^%$#!!. We've easily got 4 more loads, but need to get a chainsaw that works (ours is an old Stihl, and the parts are sometimes hard to get. )

--> If anyone has a good working chainsaw and wants to share some loads of firewood, PM me- and you can meet us in Bellevue today - MORE THAN worth your while.

So, we had a real adventure yesterday! We found someone to haul the shed for us, for a price, of course. Since he could not do it till later in the afternoon, we went on our first adventure of the day.

We had been offered a bunch of firewood about 30 minutes from our place, and since we will need it for this next winter, how could we refuse? When people are trying to get $200 to $275 a cord of wood in this area, it's a no-brainer for us. Besides, our house is heated with hot water baseboards, run by a oil-fired boiler, and when we went thru 150 gallons in a month, I began to REALLY appreciate having a wood stove!

So, we drove over and started cutting wood, and got almost ONE load up our truck and trailer, and hubby's chainsaw all the sudden decided to go on vacation. *&^%$#!!. We've easily got 4 more loads, but need to get a chainsaw that works (ours is an old Stihl, and the parts are sometimes hard to get. )

--> If anyone has a good working chainsaw and wants to share some loads of firewood, PM me- and you can meet us in Bellevue today - MORE THAN worth your while.
What model of Stihl?? I do have some parts!! See I have parted out a couple hundred.

Saturday Adventure # 2:

So, then comes the shed. This is a 75 year old shed, made from old growth wood and built with tongue and groove 2" flooring. The sides are made from 2" x 6" studs- and they are actually 2x6, not 1 3/4 x 3.5". Not your average shed! When we went to look at it and survey how to move it, we knew it was bound to be tricky, and wow, that was an understatement!
It's 8x10, and the peak is just over 10 foot tall. We moved it from a house over on the water in Federal Way to our place- but it took about 5 hours to get it here. It was bulit on 6x6 skids, but one was rotten and damaged and rather than run home and get new skids and jacks and all the stuff to make the repaurs, we had ourselves a little adventure.
Here's some pictures:

and here was are- set down on the concrete pad at our place- ready to get new timber under it, and a new roof- and work for us for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom