Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. itsren

itsren Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Pacific Northwest

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    I think I want to visit that. It looks like it would be great to see.

3. Hinotori

Hinotori Silver Feathers Premium Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Graham, WA
    I candled a couple of the ameracauna eggs under my broody and saw some developement. I'll check again in a few days when I can see better. She drew blood a couple times when she got me.

4. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

WOW Nice to see ya back!!! I thought we had totally lost ya.

5. TerrorBird

TerrorBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Snohomish
    Today, I found out that Greenfire allows visitors! I'll be visiting my father in Florida either at the very end of April or early May. The airport I'll be flying into is in the same city (Talahassee)! I'm SO going there.

On that note, please tell me that there aren't any meet-up plans around those times! [​IMG]

6. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    I know a guy who has a livestock trained lab he is looking to rehome. Dog is about 6 years old, solid black, full lab or lab w/slight mix, unneutered.
    Good watch dog, doesn't bother farm animals, of course. He needs a small puppy to train as this one's replacement.

7. RainMom

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    have you seen the mobile coop we have? The one change we need to do is make nesting boxes hang out the backside or make the door slightly different to make it easiest to open. We might make the nest boxes hang out the back to give hens more room inside, but ours easily accommodates 6 chickens. You should be able to look at my pictures when you click on my name....

We're thinking we should build some more coops this summer to sell.

8. BantyChickenLuv

BantyChickenLuv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2012
    Oregon
    Does anyone have any tips to train cockerels to be non-aggressive and able to handle? I got a black Wyandotte Bantam trio today. They were previously unhandled. The roo has not openly come at me, just made a fuss when I moved him from the carrying box to the breeding pen. I'm planning on showing them and I want it to be easy for the judge when they must be handled at a show. One of the hens is ok with being handled, the other, well, lets just say she did not take it well. They don't have to be lap chickens, just so they are calm and kind enough for baths, shows, and judges. I will most likely be showing them at the PNPA show. Here is a picture:
    [​IMG]

9. RainMom

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    argh- I hate being pecked by cranky chickens. I was terified of that when I was a kid. My flashlight batteries are so weak I could nto check my eggs again, but never checked all of them anyway. I saw lots of developement on the ones I checked, so hoping for a decent hatch rate.
    We're due to hatch here this next weekend!

10. itsren

itsren Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Pacific Northwest
    [​IMG]

It always makes me chuckle when I hear eggs "peep".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by