Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote: If the coop is big enough to hang a heat source in, you can put them in it. But wherever you put them, just make sure they have a heat lamp to get under and get warm.
smile.png

I usually get them from a breeder - but I wouldn't be seeing her until Saturday so I would be a day late to mail in the entry. I don't know if that could work.
Feed stores have them. I got some at Monroe Farm and feed. But call around and see if one near you has them. If you get desperate I can give you a few if I have the right size. I can tell you the numbers and meet you up at the show in Friday or Saturday morning during cooping in so you can band them. What size do you need?

Whoever asked about poultry nipples and what to buy: We originally bought the threaded style and they leaked like crazy. They were super duper cheap which is why I tried them first. I finally splurged and got the $3/ea ones from Reber Ranch; they're much higher quality and they are also the push-in style and are simply fantastic. We haven't had a problem with leaking at all.

Whoever asked about poultry nipples and what to buy: We originally bought the threaded style and they leaked like crazy. They were super duper cheap which is why I tried them first. I finally splurged and got the $3/ea ones from Reber Ranch; they're much higher quality and they are also the push-in style and are simply fantastic. We haven't had a problem with leaking at all.

We have the threaded style that you drill in- and no leaks at all. You have to have the exact drill bit and also need to have a heavy bucket-bottom so the hole stays the size you drill. We bought ours on Amazon.

On the push-in style- do those have black rubber grommets on them? I think that's the kind you are suposed ot use for PVC-pipe installation- and that's our next plan- to have a watering station with a 5 gallon (or larger )bucket and nice long run of PVC.

OK just a quick flyby. I am way behind so may have missed things. Just a quick heads up to those wanting "no mess" chicks at Monroe. I may not have much selection. See I may now be done with metal art. My plasma cutter died over the weekend. I bought some rather pricey parts that were supposed to fix it. Nope it is still not working. I am going to disassemble and look for other problems but IF I find none I will be done. Out of the metal art. See I can't buy a new machine.

Good grief- what a run of bad luck! So sorry!

Quote: I have the push in ones also in my bucket waterers. There is a website that sells nipple waterers and kits to make them yourself. They suggest the push in ones too. I also made single nipple waterersout of smaller water bottles. Not the "bottled water" bottles, but the reusable ones. I got them at Target or Fred Meyer for cheap. They work great in cages and brooders! My suggestion on getting nipples, is if you are ordering online from like QC Supply and getting other stuff order some nipples too. They are like .99 cents and if you are already paying shipping......
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom