Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

MikeyB I set 38 eggs today :) I have never hatched so many at once, I am getting so many eggs they are very fresh, 8 eggs a day!! so I collected for 4 days and then set them, left room for my hygrometer. bator only holds 42, lol anyway I am hoping for a good hatch, everything I Broke open the days before were fertile. I have one rooster over 9 hens. he is a busy boy but getting the job done, anyone else want some import english orp stock let me know, I cant keep 38 babies!! lol

Awwwe dang it. I just got a "bakers dozen" from CL, my Jersey Giants. 
I will have to think on this because I would have to modify my coop for my original flock to house them as I'm separating the JG into a there own coop/run.

not a big deal, if you want some when they hatch let me know. they are not hard to sell. usually....now that I say that...knock on wood lol.

My heart is broken, for my Minnow passed on today. I walked in the chicken house and found her lying on the floor. She was such a silly, funny girl. My hen house will never be the same.

I'm so sorry. That's rotten news
hugs.gif

I love the name Harmony!  I tried to name my daughter that but DFH wouldn't let me..frowny face...

Melody, Symphony, Cello, Cadence, Harper, Piper, Calliope, Lyrica, Manjula (ok, this one made me giggle - medulla oblongata [Water Boy]), Yarona

My daughter decided on Harmony for one of the chicks, the one originally named Treble (she gave that name to one of the new chicks because it was my husband's favorite name and favorite colored chick). Harmony is so yellow that she will be very white with some light markings on her wings and most likely some light markings on her body to match (only her wings have feathered so far). I wonder what Easter Egger chickens are crossed with by the hatchery to be so light colored since none of mine have ever been so light before. I do hope Coastal did not mix up their chicks and give me some other variety by mistake. I looked up pictures online and it seems there are Easter Egger chickens with a lot of white so hopefully I will have beautiful colored eggs.

Back
Top Bottom