Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Okay, since we got our corgi a couple months ago, we've been trying lots of different treats to see what she likes. Some she likes more than others, but from watching her in the yard, I'd say what they really need to make to suit her taste is a treat that tastes like chicken poop. Oh, and I'd like some chew toys that smell like old shoes, too.
sickbyc.gif

--Nikki
lau.gif

I've been known to pick a chantrelle, oyster or bolete occasionally

Russ
We have shaggy manes that pop out of our rock hard driveway..and we have a few morels ( I think they are morels...) but so far I have not picked any.

Got some oysters too...and all sorts of other shrooms.

Last edited:
Thanks velvetfog. I will go with 4x8. I think my husband has the construction part figured out. (thanks to BYC) should we run into problems I will definitely come to you for help!

So I went out to feed everyone this morning, and when I got to the tractor holding the "meat group" I only see 4 of the 5 birds supposed to be in there. I notice the dog food bowl tipped over and thought no way a chicken was under that. Sure enough, #5 was under it all night. Dumb chicken. Good thing it wasn't too cold last night. Everyone says these cornish x are dumb and now I believe it.
lau.gif
Oh yeah they are !
It is something I have to remind myself often, that the 8-10 pound fatties are really just 6 & 7 week old baby chicks.

No, I looked up Oyster mushrooms and we do not have those...they only grow on Oak, right ?

We have a few Morels, no Chantrelles.
So far...............but I have not pursued harvesting any of them...I am no shroom guru............
idunno.gif

Thanks nikki! I think I will expand it to 4x6 or heck maybe 4x7. We haven't started building yet so it's no biggie. We also love that store! We were there a few days ago and the hubby thought it would be great to turn an old pink toilet into a feeder for our girls. I'm stoked that he's jumped on the chicken wagon with me but he must be crazy if he thinks I am going to allow a bright pink toilet smack in the middle of our yard. Some peoples kids (aka hubbys) lol.

I'll be honest with ya...I think the recommendations for chicken space are outrageous. My 16 chickens fit well on 14' of roost space in my 5x7' coop with no issues whatsoever. They free range all day except first thing in the morning when I haven't gotten out there to open the run door. The run is 128 s/f, perfect for 10-11 birds but I always have more than that. If they're confined to the coop, 10s/f for sure. If they have a run, much better. If they free range, even better!

What an ugly bummer of a day! My girls won't be getting any treats until I can get outside and clean out the 80lb treat bin In some good weather then mix more treats....they're gonna be mad ;)

You have spoiled them rotten !

Yeah...so? ;) tomorrow will be nice. I'll soak the bin in bleach water and scrub it out, use the blow dryer to get it perfectly dry, and mix some of my 50lb bag of BOSS and some of the 50lb bag of scratch together, along with oats from the bulk section. They only get 2-3 of my small handfuls of treats every day, not much between the lots of them! The 80lb bin will hold probably 4-5 months worth of treats!

Back
Top Bottom