Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Okay, since we got our corgi a couple months ago, we've been trying lots of different treats to see what she likes. Some she likes more than others, but from watching her in the yard, I'd say what they really need to make to suit her taste is a treat that tastes like chicken poop. Oh, and I'd like some chew toys that smell like old shoes, too.
sickbyc.gif

--Nikki

Our firts year with our Corgi, I lost every pair of shoes - must have cost me a small fortune. I have no idea what it is about shoes. Good luck, keep the shoes out of sight!

Our firts year with our Corgi, I lost every pair of shoes - must have cost me a small fortune. I have no idea what it is about shoes. Good luck, keep the shoes out of sight!

Her FAVORITE is the part of a flip flop that goes between the toes. We're learning that the best place for shoes is the closet! Kids are learning to keep their toys picked up, too!

Maddie also has a treasure hoard in a special corner of the back yard. Right now it consists of a white plastic bowl, a tennis ball, a pink rain boot, a chew toy, and 2 plastic watering cans.

GREAT do, though. Too much fun! Is yours a pembroke or a cardi? Maddie is a brindle cardi.

You can tell it's farming if you have to work twice as hard the day before your day off, and three times as hard the day after, while still doing morning and evening chores that day anyway.

(The voice of experience is hoarse from screaming in protest at this fact).

Yeah...so?
wink.png
tomorrow will be nice. I'll soak the bin in bleach water and scrub it out, use the blow dryer to get it perfectly dry, and mix some of my 50lb bag of BOSS and some of the 50lb bag of scratch together, along with oats from the bulk section. They only get 2-3 of my small handfuls of treats every day, not much between the lots of them! The 80lb bin will hold probably 4-5 months worth of treats!
I have a small R/C LBL pullet, a bitty thing, who has trained me completely.
While I close a gate, right next to the Scracth barrel, she gently spors the back of my left leg...right on the knee brace....just the tiniest tap.
I turn to see her standing tall & giving me a terrible stink eye....HINT HINT !!!
If I ignore her and turn back around, she taps again, until I lift the lid & toss her a handful of scratch...so cute !
She is a smart little thing, and has trained me completely !
lau.gif

I also have a blue copper splash hen, who will run from pen to the front door, and knock on it until I open the door & toss out some treat for her and her buddies...hysterical !
Who said birds are dumb ?

Her FAVORITE is the part of a flip flop that goes between the toes. We're learning that the best place for shoes is the closet! Kids are learning to keep their toys picked up, too!

Maddie also has a treasure hoard in a special corner of the back yard. Right now it consists of a white plastic bowl, a tennis ball, a pink rain boot, a chew toy, and 2 plastic watering cans.

GREAT do, though. Too much fun! Is yours a pembroke or a cardi? Maddie is a brindle cardi.

Ours WAS a Pembroke (she died last year) and the best girl we ever had. I really hope yours turns out as good a girl as ours was - very special dogs.

Shadow with Lizzie (Lizzie Borden - the gosling)

Last edited:
WOW i cannot keep up with y'all. Anyway Anyone want a RIR or black Orpington cockeral? I have one of each for free to anyone that can come get them. I'm in north Tacoma, near point defiance elementary.
They are young still and run up to me when they see me. So should be very friendly. PM me if interested in one or both.

Also exciting news. My muscovies are nesting. Well right now they are building up eggs in their nest and very protective of it. So in about 2 months i might have ducklings for sale. Anyone interested let me know and I can let ya know at time of hatch (send me a PM)

this shows the two RIR cockerals (pullets not for sale, One RIR cockeral is spoken for already)

I cannot own roosters here. So if nobody wants them as soon as they begin to crow they'll be soup. :)

Last edited:
So I went out to feed everyone this morning, and when I got to the tractor holding the "meat group" I only see 4 of the 5 birds supposed to be in there. I notice the dog food bowl tipped over and thought no way a chicken was under that. Sure enough, #5 was under it all night. Dumb chicken. Good thing it wasn't too cold last night. Everyone says these cornish x are dumb and now I believe it.
My little araucana perched on the edge of an empty 5 gallon bucket and somehow the bucket turned over on top of her. It took me a couple of hours in the dark to figure out where she was. She's isn't the brightest chicken in the world either.

Back
Top Bottom