Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I broke my quoter trying to figure out how to quote a quoted post...
th.gif

>.> so, maybe I'm the one that screwed up with using my goofy ad picture due to the fact that I will trade graphics work for eggs??
smack.gif
Sorry, I had thought it was appropriate as long as other chicken sites etc weren't brought into BYC.. I can completely pull the photo if need be, I just thought it was pretty dang fun and cute.. (not just cause of being prejudice to my daughter and Hoss' beauty of course
wink.png
)
hide.gif

I don't know what is going on. Maybe it is a new peep who is misguided, perhaps a new moderator. I don't recall anyone advertising their wares on this forum and I'm on this forum daily, all day except when the weather is good, then only in the morning and then in the late afternoon and into the night.
Heck, everybody sells eggs, everybody has eggs. Most of mine go to neighbors as a gift or I barter for a service and like you I don't have enought eggs to really sell. The demand would soon outstrip any production I could manage.
As for peeps that do crafts I really don't care, I love hand made things. Stuff hand made is much more personal then production stuff.

Now that I might be mistaken for an awake person, another explanation comes to mind: BYC may be getting complaints from advertisers. This may have something to do with my computer problems yesterday, too, when I was also being annoyed by an animated Pink Friday perfume ad in the upper right hand corner spot. Some ad sales businesses are nasty about what they consider competing content, and one of the "get rich working on your computer at home" jobs you see advertised is scanning pages where ads are placed to make sure there isn't competing content (another is inserting spam comments into reply threads on HuffPo or Facebook, for instance). Some of the worst players for that kind of behavior are also the people whose ads break page formatting or set up looping errors or, in the worst case, carry embedded spyware.

Online life is wonderful and computers make everything in life so very much easier, eh?

Oh, well, I now have four extra jobs assigned by other people or mere reality to do before I can get started on some chicken-related projects, best get going?

Now that I might be mistaken for an awake person, another explanation comes to mind: BYC may be getting complaints from advertisers. This may have something to do with my computer problems yesterday, too, when I was also being annoyed by an animated Pink Friday perfume ad in the upper right hand corner spot. Some ad sales businesses are nasty about what they consider competing content, and one of the "get rich working on your computer at home" jobs you see advertised is scanning pages where ads are placed to make sure there isn't competing content (another is inserting spam comments into reply threads on HuffPo or Facebook, for instance). Some of the worst players for that kind of behavior are also the people whose ads break page formatting or set up looping errors or, in the worst case, carry embedded spyware.

Online life is wonderful and computers make everything in life so very much easier, eh?

Oh, well, I now have four extra jobs assigned by other people or mere reality to do before I can get started on some chicken-related projects, best get going?
Well, just for the benefit of not rockin' the boat.. (more than I do already
duc.gif
) I've changed my avi at least.. Sounds like an excellent explanation! Hope the rest of work goes smooth and no extra peoples jobs jump in your basket!!
This could be a fun project for someone! ~ http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/zip/3759813053.html

Free large nice looking wood crate
I had one and it worked awesome for chicks and a kidding box!! If I was closer I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat! Someone grab it, or grab it for me!!
big_smile.png
I'll trade you 2 dozen eggs for it!!
gig.gif

Last edited:
This is quite the Spring for us- our first full year on this set of 3 acres. We bought 6 laying Rhode Is. Reds last year. They've been through a moult and are laying again. Boy are they opinionated. Boy do they hate being in their area- we increased it and still, the front yard looks totally tasty to them. This Spring we're busy with turkeys and ducks. Since I am the one who stays at home, I get the most fun: cleaning out the little bugger's first homes. We had 6 ducks. Not sure what I did wrong but right now we have 3 mouthy ducks- Khaki Campbells. All 8 turkeys made it so far- these guys are going on 2.5 weeks old. My husband just made a hoop house for the turkeys. He put a tarp over plastic hoops. We'll bring the 250 watt heater out with them when we put them out- right now they are in where it is heated so I found they did not need the heater. Wish us luck! We're in Eastern WA, by the way.
welcome-byc.gif
and good luck with all your poultry. This is a great place for info and friendship1

I apparently only made a record of the yellow card Best in Show. It was a Salmon Favorelles Pullet by Michele DiCicco of Washougal, WA. Very nice bird, I tried to get a picture but her beard was wet and she wouldn't pose.

I have pictures of most of the Champion and Reserve of Large Fowl and maybe some of the Bantam classes if people are interested. Ran out of time to take photos of waterfowl.

Having never been to a poultry show I would love to see the winners. Exspecially the sizzle/frizzle silkies if you have any. I was so upset I couldn't go but have been down with a bad back and there was no way I was walking around. Thanks for thinking of us who couldn't go. Please post pics.

Back
Top Bottom