Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Got the pullets out of kitchen finally and into their training coop. The coop was a quick n dirty job, 2 evenings of easy work with minimal materials most of which I had leftover from other projects. They seem happy in it.

Perches are branches from the woods, the white panel in back is corrugated plastic. Mostly held together with zip ties, the loose wire ends and staples:

The door is a scrap of polycarbonate from the main coop project. Attached with zip ties at the top and latched with a hard drive magnet and big steel washer attached to the fencing:

The view through the door:
thumbsup.gif
nicely done!
Freeeee Lessons what a STEAL
ya.gif
I Looks gooood in PINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOUNDS LIKE WE GOT A JOB ON THE HORIZON!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
*scrounges thru closet

Got the pullets out of kitchen finally and into their training coop. The coop was a quick n dirty job, 2 evenings of easy work with minimal materials most of which I had leftover from other projects. They seem happy in it.

Perches are branches from the woods, the white panel in back is corrugated plastic. Mostly held together with zip ties, the loose wire ends and staples:

The door is a scrap of polycarbonate from the main coop project. Attached with zip ties at the top and latched with a hard drive magnet and big steel washer attached to the fencing:

The view through the door:
I like it. I need to get off my Tail and do someting like this so I can have my green house back
he.gif

Strangely enough, the two EEs who are going in with the splash Am and the blue Am/Au hen who's with him already have the same idea of the perfect place to lay eggs: a nest directly under the hanging feeder.

Chickens are so silly.

Luckily, I'll be able to tell all their eggs apart: Ginjur lays a big round pink egg, Tertia a long-ish green one, and Bluebelle a big round turquoise one.

I absolutely
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
my hatchery girls! They are nice, and sweet and docile and follow me around like a puppy! Even Rhodie - the *meanest* one isn't mean to me, or any human, at all. She's always under my feet and following me everywhere. They're only mean to the fudgelet.
sad.png
Poor lil fudgelet.

lau.gif
omg, I'm actually preparing to relocate a green house to make into a greenhouse garden/double chicken run!! I'm always going backwards
lol.png

I could definitely use making a few of those handy little pullet runs as well though
woot.gif
They need out and I need in, I'm always backwards myself. The chickens get to hot and I need to get my cold tomatoes in there to warm up
barnie.gif

They need out and I need in, I'm always backwards myself. The chickens get to hot and I need to get my cold tomatoes in there to warm up
barnie.gif

OH dear, that's a bit of a conundrum
sad.png

I let my chickens get away with murder really >.> They need out, I give them free rein, free rein= free range= my front lawn is mowed and fertilized, quite well
hide.gif

but cutworms in my garden? Toast! an hour after I've run the rototiller
lau.gif

I like it. I need to get off my Tail and do someting like this so I can have my green house back:he
you probably want something bigger, the one I built is only to keep them til they are big enough to turn loose with the ole ladies, maybe a week or so. Then they (hopefully) go into the "big house". Which I have it parked next to, hoping the location and similar layout will be more attractive to them than the bushes. This is my first time introducing pullets to a flock of adults and I'm a little nervous about it.

Back
Top Bottom