Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote: you are being a snob about this.
So what you are saying is that the peeps here on this forum are stupid? Why else would we buy hatchery birds?
Why would you come to this forum just to spread hate and discontent? We were fine before you showed up with your attitude.

Quote: I have actually witnessed a rejection when one of my hens was grabbed by my rooster and she did not want to mate. When the deed was done, she expelled it back out. I couldn't help but yell, "rejected".
Realized i had some pictures of him on my phone

So considering he had black skin, Black bones, and ALL dark meat like no chicken I've ever seen.
That is a Silkie crossed with a Salmon color bird with a Rosecomb. Not a Favorolles.

I bought my Buff Orpington girls from my local feed store and they are very sweet. I would have loved to go through a breeder but could not find any that weren't hundreds of miles away. Some if us don't have access to breeders. Us love to have a couple other colors of Orpingtona but again no breeder close.

:goodpost: and on behalf of all awesome backyard champion chickens,  :hugs

So what you are saying is that the peeps here on this forum are stupid? Why else would we buy hatchery birds?
Why would you come to this forum just to spread hate and discontent? We were fine before you showed up with your attitude.
highfive.gif

Gosh, I guess I was there around noon. Did you get one of those older chicks? I am at capacity or I'd have come home with a couple. I LOVE the folks at Graham Hay Market! It's a great family-owned place, and the people really know their stuff. I'm glad you went there!
celebrate.gif

I am glad we went too!! She ended up getting a white Brahma form the older chicks bin, I really want one, so she got one so I could visit her, lol! She didn't know about EEs so she got a day-old chick and wanted a RIR and they only had day olders. She has a lonely Cochin Bantam (SO CUTE! Silver Laced) so got theese chicks and I am bringing her one of FarminMomma's chickens today!!

I tried to text DFH and ask if I could bring a baby home...he CALLED immediately and said "NOOOOO!! No more chickens!" It was so loud the folks at the counter could hear him, haha!

Everyone was VERY nice!

Good morning everyone. Dang, couldn't sleep, doing laundry, mucho time on my hands.
sad.png

Hey Mikey!
I rent out 1 year olds, 3 year olds, 5 year olds, 8 year olds, and even have a very handy 12 year old!! Mucho Time Solution!
lau.gif

Renting is free - we just have a return fee!
gig.gif

Ok y'all! I am not going to be able to catch up very well this week, I ACTUALLY get to work!! YAY!!! And I get to meet Farmin Momma today, I am super excited!

Hope everybody has a WONDERFUL day!!!

ep.gif
duc.gif

highfive.gif

Whoa! Not cool! I guess I must have a few garbage chickens according to this logic...! high and mighty? - no thank YOU!
I JUST LOVE
love.gif
MY HATCHERY BIRDS!! And as a grown adult, you should know there are better ways to make a point!

Whoa, I was warned how unfriendly it was around here for people that enjoy real standard bred chickens but I had no idea it was this bad.

Hey buddy - you were the one who was being unfriendly - but I can see how your brain wouldn't let you realize that. You're one of those people.

Did you seriously call the majority of the chicken population on this thread "garbage"? And you just expected us to appriciate your insults?

ETA -
lau.gif
you're funny!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom