Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Found this on one of the picture sites I look at
That is hysterical!
1f44f.png

Ha everyone,

I am signed up to get coupons from Wilco like most I'm sure. I got one for Diatomaceous earth 4lb bag buy one bag get one free. I do not use it and do not know if this is a small bag, but if some one wants it i will print it and mail it to you. Any one interested just pm me I also have a coupon for oyster shells from Purina if anyone wants it.

thanks Richard

Ha everyone,

I am signed up to get coupons from Wilco like most I'm sure. I got one for Diatomaceous earth 4lb bag buy one bag get one free. I do not use it and do not know if this is a small bag, but if some one wants it i will print it and mail it to you. Any one interested just pm me I also have a coupon for oyster shells from Purina if anyone wants it.

thanks Richard

I need to buy some but I will be looking for some tomorrow. For now my Silkies have chinchilla dust (and dirt, of course) to bathe in but I have heard that the Diatomaceous Earth is good for mites and can even be fed for worms without it effecting the eggs. My first Silkies were dusted good before I got them but the Silkies I just added yesterday have been a bit neglected and they are thin so I want to worm them. They were in a small area and may have had low feed rations. The woman I bought them from seems to love her birds but she smelled like alcohol and she was stumbling on top of recovering from surgery and preparing for another surgery so I think she has not been able to care for them too well lately (her reason for selling them). They are young birds so hopefully they recover nicely.

I ended up selling my white hen with my second generation white rooster and I was told she is laying an egg a day (they have been segregated for three days). I suspect some of the eggs in the incubator are hers with either my blue or partridge rooster. I bought some eggs to hatch so I will need to keep track of which chicks are related to my roosters. If I keep any of them I will need to replace the roosters before the chicks grow up and start laying or pen them separate with unrelated roosters. I used to think that Silkies were so funny looking and I did not want ornamental chickens but they have such sweet dispositions that I am loving them more than the colored egg layers I am raising from hatchery chicks. I also love that I am getting hatching eggs because it will be awhile before we have eating eggs.

I had every intention of being vigorous and productive today, but my DH awoke me at 5am to tell me the pump was off (not that I can do anything about the water system, since the pressure tank is at my cousin's and I can't even walk down to the well house any more because it's surrounded by piles of unused irrigtion mainline) so I will be slow and cranky and useless instead.

The water went back on at about five minutes after my cousin would have been getting up and starting his first pot of coffee, so I assume it was a tripped breaker.

Pretty day out, I think. Wish I could focus my eyes well enough to actually see it.

LakeBird: Ok I see you wanted hatching eggs.
PM what you want, I will save it for you, and we will be home all but Tuesday (going fishing)

The air is FULL of the sweetest smell here with the Honeysuckle blooming !
Finally got some pictures.

Last edited:
BYC is full of glitches right now, on top of not getting PMs or not getting them on time, and not able to ad/delete ads off my sig line, It only is letting me upload 1 photo...any ideas why ?
Are we on a 1 photo restriction per post now ?????????????

Back
Top Bottom