Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

On the BYC Home page, is a carousel that rotates through various subjects.
There is a new one there entitled "Chickens in the Garden" and features a picture of mine, my Blue Copper marans in my garden, from 2 years ago.........I commented that it was my photo but I didn't mind the author had used it, that I was almost flattered & that I had many more such photos if she wanted to use any and a few tips how I range my birds in my garden.
The post was deleted !
yet my photo is still there being used...I am miffed, should I be mad about this ???????
Kinda seems almost rude to me...?
What did I DO WRONG ??????????
idunno.gif

These are some of the photos:
This first photo is the one that is on the carousel...

I sent a PM to the BYC mod in charge of the article...asking what I did wrong to have my comment deleted from the bottom of the article...weird.
idunno.gif

Robin,
Your comment hasn't been deleted. I can still see it.

copy & pasted
Quote:
The author might have just found the pic on google. It's kind of amazing. I once posted a pic of my obese black cat named Imp. Now you can find that pic if you google "imp" images. lol

Russ

Have any of you ever had a broody eat her egg?

I think my evil girl ate one of the eggs a few days before hatch. She did eat part of the first chick to hatch. I caught her in the act. All the eggs were quickly given to the other broody. She is happily taking care of them.

I'm trying to find the evil one and her sister a home since she has been a good layer, she just isn't trustworthy to set. DH says she will be soup when she puts some weight back on.

I think my evil girl ate one of the eggs a few days before hatch. She did eat part of the first chick to hatch. I caught her in the act. All the eggs were quickly given to the other broody. She is happily taking care of them.

I'm trying to find the evil one and her sister a home since she has been a good layer, she just isn't trustworthy to set. DH says she will be soup when she puts some weight back on.

Oh no. Not soup. -hugs chickens- what kind of chicken is she? Mine is a Cochin so I was really surprised. It is only day 5 and she ate it yesterday. I'm wondering if she knew it was bunk or something...

I have a pair (pullet and cockerel) of Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas ready for a new home. There were broody raised by two of my Silkies who have declared that their work is DONE. The Ameraucanas are 10 weeks old and came from beautiful blue green eggs from a local breeder known to many here on BYC. I'd like the pullet and cockerel to go together. PM me if interested. The pair will go "cheep" to BYCers. If I don't hear from anyone soon they'll go on Craigslist, but I wanted to offer them to BYC friends first! I realize there are two pullets pictured, but one has already been promised for a little boys birthday next week. His family have a small backyard flock, but he wanted "his own" chicken. If you respond to me quickly, you'll get your pick of pullet. I'm in Tacoma/University Place. Willing to drive a bit to meet if needed. Two pullets - Both pullets and the cockerel The beautiful eggs they were hatched from. I did not enhance these. The photo was taken while they sat on the kitchen table underneath the skylight.
Gorgeous! I wish I had space. >.< I'm right around the corner from you lol

For the record: not getting much done today, but somehow have not actully fallen terribly behind; it just feels like it because I've been awake so long, but I'm actually at the place I usually am at 2pm: sheep tethered out, Deary in her daytime cage, chickens watered/have had water checked, and just finished my lunch.

Now if I could only have been awake to have done it!

Oh no. Not soup. -hugs chickens- what kind of chicken is she? Mine is a Cochin so I was really surprised. It is only day 5 and she ate it yesterday. I'm wondering if she knew it was bunk or something...

Mines 3/4 EE, 1/4 silkie.

I don't know why they go crazy. Really wish I did.

For the record: not getting much done today, but somehow have not actully fallen terribly behind; it just feels like it because I've been awake so long, but I'm actually at the place I usually am at 2pm: sheep tethered out, Deary in her daytime cage, chickens watered/have had water checked, and just finished my lunch.

Now if I could only have been awake to have done it!

Sounds like you deserve a long nap.

On the BYC Home page, is a carousel that rotates through various subjects.
There is a new one there entitled "Chickens in the Garden" and features a picture of mine, my Blue Copper marans in my garden, from 2 years ago.........I commented that it was my photo but I didn't mind the author had used it, that I was almost flattered & that I had many more such photos if she wanted to use any and a few tips how I range my birds in my garden.
The post was deleted !
yet my photo is still there being used...I am miffed, should I be mad about this ???????
Kinda seems almost rude to me...?
What did I DO WRONG ??????????
idunno.gif

These are some of the photos:
This first photo is the one that is on the carousel...

I sent a PM to the BYC mod in charge of the article...asking what I did wrong to have my comment deleted from the bottom of the article...weird.
idunno.gif
Lovely gardens
smile.png

roll.png
who knows what floats in the minds of the powers that be.
I'm gonna bug you later on about those Lovely Marans
wink.png

right now I should get my behind back outside and get the big coop finished cleaning and work on my own garden!
th.gif
water break

Have any of you ever had a broody eat her egg?
Most of the time my broodys are very picky about keeping bad ones kicked. A couple of them will do their sorting then sit on the edge of the box yelling at me til I "remove the offending egg(s)"
Some of us are entirely too chicken whipped
lau.gif

But "normally", yes they are in charge and will clean it up as needed.

Robin,
Your comment hasn't been deleted. I can still see it.

copy & pasted

The author might have just found the pic on google. It's kind of amazing. I once posted a pic of my obese black cat named Imp. Now you can find that pic if you google "imp" images. lol

Russ
I found it today, and I sent the photo used, to BYC for a contest (POW) but I did not know anyone could use it..it's all OK anyways, I am rather flattered.

Back
Top Bottom