Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I could fool myself into saying I'm doing biointensive gardening, but actually it's just accidental: last year I fed the chickens bolted lettuce and salad greens from my sister's garden and now I've got random patches of chicken greens to pull and feed- yesterday the EEs got about two pounds of arugula!

Sorry for being whiny yesterday, but the lack of sleep put me past the point of cheerful optimism.

DUCK CAM...
Home Depot sells a security cam that I use for my DUCK CAM.
It has 4 ports but only comes with 2 cameras. (can buy 2 more online)
all wireless but NOT solar.
All you need to do is plug the monitor onto your computer and the cameras to the outlet.
Most of us have electricity hooked up @ our coops so that should not be a problem.
My DH has it on SKYPE so I can see them. LOL
Cost under $300

Last edited:
I let my chickens out this morning. Heard them giving the chicken distress call. I saw a really handsome BIG bobcat admiring my electric fence. I think he was hunting bunnies and not exactly looking for chickens. Thank goodness. Now I am out weedeating like crazy and the chickens are out again.

Hi Robin...
If the author of the article is not the owner of BYC and they do not have your permission to use the photo I believe there is a problem. It may not be technically illegal, but they are infringing on your ownership/copyright. Is that pic still on your account? Delete it. If it still shows up in their article, they have stolen a copy of it. But.... if it's the BYC owners that took the photo, that may be another issue. They may have claimed the right to use any photo that's loaded onto their site. You'd have to check. And whichever it was, the polite thing to do would at least say Please and Thank You. But regardless.... THAT WAS RUDE and I'd be miffed for sure.
Ahhhhhhhhh...I am not sweating the small stuff...life is too short.
It is all OK, BYC can use the photo...it is OK with me.
They did find my post, it went on page 2, which was not there when I posted, took a day to show up is all.

Not going fishing today as planned...........
sad.png

Never did get around to doing an overhaul/charge the battery on the boat...so it has been sitting since last year & needs to be 'gone through' before we put in.lest we get out in the Bay & find rattas on board making a big nest under the bow hatch~~~~~~~~a nest of life preserver foam~~
Oh man, let's hope not !

So, back to work in the house !

NOTE: his Sat & Sunday (8th & 9th) Is Washington State's FREE FISHING Days...no need to have a license these 2 days but you still must follow rules set forth by WSDF&W.
HAVE FUN & GO FISH !!!
wee.gif

Gah I hate the stress of shipping birds. Got my new arrivals today but 7 hours later than they were supposed to be. Will be so glad when I finish acquiring stock.

Not going fishing today as planned...........
sad.png

Never did get around to doing an overhaul/charge the battery on the boat...so it has been sitting since last year & needs to be 'gone through' before we put in.lest we get out in the Bay & find rattas on board making a big nest under the bow hatch~~~~~~~~a nest of life preserver foam~~
Oh man, let's hope not !

NOTE: his Sat & Sunday (8th & 9th) Is Washington State's FREE FISHING Days...no need to have a license these 2 days but you still must follow rules set forth by WSDF&W.
HAVE FUN & GO FISH !!!
wee.gif

Best fishing we ever did was in WA you have the best lakes. CA doesn't even have discounts for seniors my 86 year old father in laws license is costing us the same as our license. Free fish day, right,
rant.gif
if anyone at fish and game would listen this is the rant they would get. Ours cost $45 and change. I am sooooo jealous. You have fun when you do get out there on the lake and know that in CA there is someone that wishes they were there with you catching those beautiful fish. This is Hawk Creek near Davenport caught some really nice trout in this creek.
sad.png

Not going fishing today as planned...........:(

Oh man, let's hope not !

HAVE FUN & GO FISH !!!  :weee

Thanks for the info gonna have to go fishing! :)

Lost our first hen last week. I know its part of having chickens, but it makes me sad. This flock hatched within a day or so of us conceiving, so I've been watching them as they grow and thinking about the baby growing...

All the rain is helping our raised beds. We got everything in the ground last week and it was looking pretty peaked for a while. I think we lost a whole row of cucumbers, but everything else appears to be bouncing back.

Back
Top Bottom