Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Oh man, I want a hen that lays these eggs SOOO badly!!!

Too bad roosters aren't allowed in Tacoma city limits :(

I hear ya! Fortunately one pullet is going to a little boy for his birthday this weekend, and the pair I have left, pullet and cockerel, are going to a new home in North Seattle next week. I'm hoping I can make that meet up at the same time I meet Honeysuckles Hills with her little Ameraucana pullet that my girlfriend is raising. I just love when chicks I've hatched are going to good homes!

I never heard anything back from Dave VF about the coop tour this summer, so I assume I need to find help elsewhere. I had a nice guy come out yesterday who is going to help me modify my run and add a small coop. I counted 5 coops that I currently own. (Hoarder) 3 are portable so they don't really count.

I'm really sad right now about the eighteen chicks in the hall bathroom, because I'm feeling as if they may all be cockerals except one Blue Quail chick (the one I helped out of her shell, too). There may be two SSH pullets, but right now I'm thinking maybe not.

Next Tuesday in the I'm going to put as many eggs in the incubator as I have from the BLRWs (somebody in Olympia wants those chicks), the Am/Au pen, and the Hamburgs and just hope, I guess; the first batch will go out of the bathroom and into an outside brooder some time in the next five days and will be old enough to sell by the time that batch hatches. I want to keep adding to the Hamburg flock, but so far I'm four females to twelve males, at the most optimistic. Bummer.

Update, cleaned everything and separated her. Sent my father-in-law to the feed store and they told him they had corid for other animals and gave him a different powder that they said would be better for sick chickens. She is eating and drinking, but not pooping as far as I can tell. Going to give her some olive oil and apple cider vinegar tonight in case she can't poop.

I hear ya! Fortunately one pullet is going to a little boy for his birthday this weekend, and the pair I have left, pullet and cockerel, are going to a new home in North Seattle next week. I'm hoping I can make that meet up at the same time I meet Honeysuckles Hills with her little Ameraucana pullet that my girlfriend is raising. I just love when chicks I've hatched are going to good homes!
You sell ameraucana pullets? I've wanted one forever i keep trying to find fertile eggs in various colors

Update, cleaned everything and separated her. Sent my father-in-law to the feed store and they told him they had corid for other animals and gave him a different powder that they said would be better for sick chickens. She is eating and drinking, but not pooping as far as I can tell. Going to give her some olive oil and apple cider vinegar tonight in case she can't poop.

If it's Cocci you need the Corid. What was it they sold your FIL? Powder makes me think an antibiotic which won't help with coccidosis. I've noticed a lot of the feed store people know very little about treating fowl. I always write down what I need and am very insistent. Most thing are off label for treating chickens.

Last edited:
Well my chicken days are over for now. :( I just had this coop delivered, assembled it, and hauled four eighty lb bags of sand and found out the girls are just too noisy for my tiny suburban backyard. I should have known better, but I really wanted to give them a try. I posted an ad on CL, but if anyone here is interested, 3 pullets + coop + bag of feed and feeder/waterer for $100. I'm located in Maple Valley and would like them gone (to a good home) ASAP. I'm sad as I liked my little chickens. I was really looking forward to watching them grow up and getting some eggs. My easter egger looks like she's going to be a real pretty girl too. And my salmon favorelle was a sweetie. Sniff, sniff.

Well my chicken days are over for now. :( I just had this coop delivered, assembled it, and hauled four eighty lb bags of sand and found out the girls are just too noisy for my tiny suburban backyard. I should have known better, but I really wanted to give them a try. I posted an ad on CL, but if anyone here is interested, 3 pullets + coop + bag of feed and feeder/waterer for $100. I'm located in Maple Valley and would like them gone (to a good home) ASAP. I'm sad as I liked my little chickens. I was really looking forward to watching them grow up and getting some eggs. My easter egger looks like she's going to be a real pretty girl too. And my salmon favorelle was a sweetie. Sniff, sniff.
Do you have any pics of your girls?

What a gorgeous coop! I wish we lived closer. Good luck rehoming your girls. :)

Back
Top Bottom