Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi everyone! I am stil live and still have puppies, and all the chickens. I am thinking about reducing the flock though. I have been buried in eggs this year, and I have a hard time finding anyone that wants them. The natsy llttle dogs are in a state tonight. I just had Walter bite me on the tummy. LOL I have to say he made me sqeall. Walter and his sisters Fen, and Vixen were born June 1st. It has been an interesting time around here with having both a Komondor puppy and 3 slightly younger Yorkie puppies. Ava has red bangs from helping me paint the chicken coop. :th I rarely manage to get anything done without close supervision, or out right offers to help from all the puppies. :barnie Ava is almost as big as Puppy was, and she is only 9 months old.

here is a picture of the neqly painted coop. The house will get painted with the reverse of the colors.

I am going to offer the remaining Crevecouer hens. They have been laying great all summer. I have 2 LF , and 2 bantams.

Hey there missy!! I miss ya! Hope things are getting back on track for you! Call me sometime!

Hey guys got a question for ya. I tried the emergency thread but had no luck. I have 24 week rir with a huge crop. Every other thing about her seems normal. Shes pooping eating and drinking normally. Her feet are warm and her comb is red. I've isolated her for about 24 hours. This morning the crop was smaller but not empty. I gave her a hard boiled egg mashed up with some olive oil in it. I'm massaging the crop. She has acv and electrolites in her water.Am I over reacting or should I continue with what I'm doing? I'm relatively new to chickens. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I am stil live and still have puppies, and all the chickens. I am thinking about reducing the flock though. I have been buried in eggs this year, and I have a hard time finding anyone that wants them. The natsy llttle dogs are in a state tonight. I just had Walter bite me on the tummy. LOL I have to say he made me sqeall. Walter and his sisters Fen, and Vixen were born June 1st. It has been an interesting time around here with having both a Komondor puppy and 3 slightly younger Yorkie puppies. Ava has red bangs from helping me paint the chicken coop.
th.gif
I rarely manage to get anything done without close supervision, or out right offers to help from all the puppies.
barnie.gif
Ava is almost as big as Puppy was, and she is only 9 months old.

here is a picture of the neqly painted coop. The house will get painted with the reverse of the colors.

I am going to offer the remaining Crevecouer hens. They have been laying great all summer. I have 2 LF , and 2 bantams.

Long time no hear! The coop is looking clean and pretty. I still love your nest drawers.

Thank you all for the compliments. I ha e missed everyone, but with the laptop needing to replaced, and the troubles with the Kindle fire, it was too much trouble to spend much time online. I now have a wireless keyboard for the Kindle, and that helps some, but I really miss having a word processing program.

Hey guys got a question for ya. I tried the emergency thread but had no luck. I have 24 week rir with a huge crop. Every other thing about her seems normal. Shes pooping eating and drinking normally. Her feet are warm and her comb is red. I've isolated her for about 24 hours. This morning the crop was smaller but not empty. I gave her a hard boiled egg mashed up with some olive oil in it. I'm massaging the crop. She has acv and electrolites in her water.Am I over reacting or should I continue with what I'm doing? I'm relatively new to chickens. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

She sounds like she is happy and healthy to me. It would be a waste of money to take her to a vet. Are there any avian vets in the Yakima area? Years ago I took an injured roo to a vet in the Vancouver WA area, and spent a 160.00 on an old roo. I wouldn't do it again. I love my birds, but they are only worth so much. But that's just me now.

(waves weakly)

I was all ready for it to be an early damp fall, and then somebody hit the reset button and it's hot again.

Thank you justbugged! I think I will return her to the flock and see how she is in the morning. I have no idea if there is a vet around here. I was hoping I could call one and get some friendly (free) advice over the phone. :)

Back
Top Bottom