Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Here in Lynnwood still looking for someone in the neighborhood who might know about roosters. I can't find anything on the city ordinance that specifies Roosters. We ended up with one and were going to try to keep him though he is starting to get very manly around my laying Buff Orpington. Not sure I like it. His Crow in the morning isn't too loud, does it get worse. He's been doing it 2 weeks now. If we don't let him out of the enclosure into the coop until later in the morning he doesnt do it, my kids go to school at 9am so far he's not too bad then but if he is let out before 7 or even almost 8 lately then he starts up. So far no neighbors have complained, luckily I know them all so I would hear about it.
Try here---> http://lynnwoodtoday.com/chicken-farming/

The bottom says that roosters are not allowed at home.

Last edited:
New pics of the SSH and my crossbreed chicks (definitely a cockerel and a pullet)...about 7 weeks old...Stumpfarmer, I think that I may have hens on my hand, didn't your roo have a big comb by 8 weeks? Silver Spangled Hamburgs~Comb difference Just 'cause they're cute =) and my mixes...definitely a cockerel (aside from the obvious, he is getting spurs already!) and a pullet
Well, actually, it looks like one straight combed pullet and one rose combed pullet, now. Having an un-wonderful time at my house; my cat wandered off during the big rainstorm, and now my sheep, who pulled up his peg and wandered through the orchard sampling windfalls, had lactic acidosis. The chickens are fine, and getting back to laying after a blizzard of moult.

Last edited:
This boy needs a home if anyone is interested. I'm located in Orting. He's a Gold Laced Polish, my mother was hoping to trade him for a different colored rooster but that didn't work out. He's got an attitude with her but i think it mostly has to do with her being very obviously scared of him and him having a habit of roosting high up(above her). he's been good for me but my birds don't like him and I've already got my roo. He's made a few chicks already as well. He was hatched sometime in January.

for those who may remember this guy.

Saturday several of his "chicken buddies" threw him a surprise birthday party at his farm.

Beginning with a parade down the road complete with a marching Kazoo band.

There were about 25 peeps who were able to make it. A great time was had by all.

CR was Totally surprised by all of this. It seemed a rather rare occasion where CR had very little to say in the beginning.

Hi everyone! I am stil live and still have puppies, and all the chickens. I am thinking about reducing the flock though. I have been buried in eggs this year, and I have a hard time finding anyone that wants them. The natsy llttle dogs are in a state tonight. I just had Walter bite me on the tummy. LOL I have to say he made me sqeall. Walter and his sisters Fen, and Vixen were born June 1st. It has been an interesting time around here with having both a Komondor puppy and 3 slightly younger Yorkie puppies. Ava has red bangs from helping me paint the chicken coop. :th I rarely manage to get anything done without close supervision, or out right offers to help from all the puppies. :barnie Ava is almost as big as Puppy was, and she is only 9 months old.

here is a picture of the neqly painted coop. The house will get painted with the reverse of the colors.

I am going to offer the remaining Crevecouer hens. They have been laying great all summer. I have 2 LF , and 2 bantams.

So how do your eggs taste after? I haven't given mine fish other than a bite or two and scale clean up duty. I'd heard that it changes the flavor so I'm really curious.

Back
Top Bottom