Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Thank you! My mother managed to get a few eggs from her hens that were fertilized by the Polish Rooster she had so I set them under some of my girls and there's a few growing now. Her rooster is here for the moment but I let her borrow my Bantam Frizzled Easter Egger Rooster to take care of her hens until we can find her a new guy. She's hoping she starts finding some more eggs now that the Polish roo is gone, we're pretty certain he was eating the eggs all the time(one of the reasons he's leaving!). I think she's secretly hoping for babies from the new roo though too, she'd be over the moon if she got a curly baby with a top hat, lol.
Well, good luck with your hatch as well. :) Have either of you considered a breeding pen, where you would rotate a lady or 2 in with the rooster in the morning, take her out in the afternoon, collect her eggs for 2 or 3 days, repeat? Means he's not ranging, and, not eating eggs. After a while, he might even learn not to eat the eggs. Just a thought, if he's got traits you like.

Bleaurgh

Still fighting the war of the hall bathroom: the toilet must be replaced, and DH is making noises about hiring the work done- I expect that's necessary as the big bolts that attach the base to the flange look rusted through but I so do not wish more debt!

Also, the horrible Olds Alero my daughter's husand inherited from his grandmother has a blown head gasket, so we're ferrying her to work and they will be car shopping this weekend. It got them to Vegas and back for their honeymoon (spent mostly at a big Star Trek con) and driving a 14 year old car all over the SW in August had nothing at all to do with it dying, nope, of course not.

Hi Guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frow.gif

Bleaurgh

Still fighting the war of the hall bathroom: the toilet must be replaced, and DH is making noises about hiring the work done- I expect that's necessary as the big bolts that attach the base to the flange look rusted through but I so do not wish more debt!

Also, the horrible Olds Alero my daughter's husand inherited from his grandmother has a blown head gasket, so we're ferrying her to work and they will be car shopping this weekend. It got them to Vegas and back for their honeymoon (spent mostly at a big Star Trek con) and driving a 14 year old car all over the SW in August had nothing at all to do with it dying, nope, of course not.

Oh it sounds like you're having fun fun fun.

We had the things breaking last month. I think 5 things broke. One of which was the lawnmower that was never meant to have to mow through what I've put it through. We have a new one that has lots of horsepower compared to the old one and is built to actually cut on small acreage. No hesitation on going through 6 foot tall grass, just chop chop and take another pass to get the short bits.

New to the Chicken world and was told to comment in this thread by someone also from Washington in case i needed anything or any advice! thank you who ever it was that pointed me in this direction I don't know who you are because my thread got deleted! Sorry
It was me, Shelby18! Welcome =)

Last edited:
New pics of the SSH and my crossbreed chicks (definitely a cockerel and a pullet)...about 7 weeks old...Stumpfarmer, I think that I may have hens on my hand, didn't your roo have a big comb by 8 weeks?

Silver Spangled Hamburgs~Comb difference

Just 'cause they're cute =)

and my mixes...definitely a cockerel (aside from the obvious, he is getting spurs already!) and a pullet

SHELTON. WA
If you are in shelton, wa near the red apple area and see a black australorp (about 4-5 months) we are looking for her. Got out of her coop area and into the front yard then managed to wander off.

MollyChick~ you can post her on my facebook group "SW Washington Farm Animal and Supply Buy, Sell, Trade " https://www.facebook.com/groups/600569463296509/ You never know if someone may have seen her already. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom