Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Thank you! And yes, we both LOVE it here. I lived in Boise, Idaho when I was much younger, so have always had a fondness for this area, but then I lived in Pensacola, FL until I met my husband in 2009. We moved to Albany, NY for a bit, then he got stationed in Groton, CT - which we both absolutely LOATHED. But now that we are here, we love it so much, we're trying to buy a home in the next few months. The people are so much nicer here than in New England, it reminds me of a West coast version of the Southern hospitality I grew so accustomed to. And I have wanted chickens for as long as I can remember, so having our own house gives me that option! I think it will be something fun for both myself and my two kids being able to care for and watch chicks grow into personality infused hens, not to mention I am crazy excited about the prospect of fresh eggs! My husband has already forbidden me from checking any more Pintrest pins on chicken coops, saying that I have to pick ONE and stick to it...but there's so many to choose from!

Hello I must be going I cannot stay I came to say I must be going...

(Too darned busy these days, sorry, will be saner when I shed extra chickens!)

Thank you! And yes, we both LOVE it here. I lived in Boise, Idaho when I was much younger, so have always had a fondness for this area, but then I lived in Pensacola, FL until I met my husband in 2009. We moved to Albany, NY for a bit, then he got stationed in Groton, CT - which we both absolutely LOATHED. But now that we are here, we love it so much, we're trying to buy a home in the next few months. The people are so much nicer here than in New England, it reminds me of a West coast version of the Southern hospitality I grew so accustomed to. And I have wanted chickens for as long as I can remember, so having our own house gives me that option! I think it will be something fun for both myself and my two kids being able to care for and watch chicks grow into personality infused hens, not to mention I am crazy excited about the prospect of fresh eggs! My husband has already forbidden me from checking any more Pintrest pins on chicken coops, saying that I have to pick ONE and stick to it...but there's so many to choose from!
This is not exactly what you were looking for but check out paragraph 5.
http://www.portorchardindependent.com/news/19833664.html

ugh so sad we gotta move and so i have to rehome the pullets since i cant move em to virginia. just too far. :( what is a fair asking price for two RIR, 1 australorp (show quality), and my other showgirl a gold laced brahma? thanks! I have about a month before they gotta go but trying to get everything ready

ugh so sad we gotta move and so i have to rehome the pullets since i cant move em to virginia. just too far. :( what is a fair asking price for two RIR, 1 australorp (show quality), and my other showgirl a gold laced brahma? thanks! I have about a month before they gotta go but trying to get everything ready
Before fair is ascertained:
Hens or cocks?
Source on each bird?
How old is each bird?
How have they been raised? (feed, ranging, amount of people time)
Where are you? (proximity to other buyers helps)

Where we are a hatchery/feed store sourced adult hen may go for 10$ for your layer strains... RIR, NH, etc.
If your GL Brahma is a hen from a known breeder line, healthy, and of good age, and close to SOP, a breeder of said birds might pay quite a bit more. Hatchery stock might go for more than a layer type, but not a ton more, unless it is a truly stunning example of the breed. Try the Heritage Large Fowl thread, or the individual breed threads.
I'm going to be paying 25$ ea for Heritage strain, Fogle line heritage RIR Cockerels, and 20$ ea plus a ton of shipping for the matching strain pullets from TX. Can't WAIT for the weather to cool!!
Good luck, sorry you have to move,
-Aleta G.

Dose anyone know if there are any show quality black tailed japenese bantem breeders in washington?
Jim Lucas and Bill Schwall in Onalaska used to have good ones, don't know if they still do but that'd be the first place I'd check. Dr. Al Watts in Vashon Island used to have some variety of Japs, but can't remember which. So that'd be a potential source as well.

Back
Top Bottom