Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

yuckyuck.gif

Actually, it looks like the chicks I was planning on ordering just became unavailable :( so I likely won't be ordering now, but, I think my mother may still be ordering polish chicks but have to talk to her to make sure. She's only planning on getting a few though
It's alright, I checked out what they have and what i wanted showed unavailable as well. :(

Hello everyone! My husband and I are new to the area, recent transplants from the Groton area in CT (Yes, yes, navy. :D), and we are trying to purchase a home in the Port Orchard area. I REALLY want to begin my own backyard flock, now that I have convinced the hubbs it is going to be wonderful! But, I can't seem to find anything on the Port Orchard ordinances as far as keeping chickens goes, such as how many birds per acre (or less, in our case, since the home we are trying to purchase is only .80 acres). So, I was wondering if anyone in Port Orchard might be able to shed a little light on what the laws are regarding keeping chickens?

Hello everyone! My husband and I are new to the area, recent transplants from the Groton area in CT (Yes, yes, navy. :D), and we are trying to purchase a home in the Port Orchard area. I REALLY want to begin my own backyard flock, now that I have convinced the hubbs it is going to be wonderful! But, I can't seem to find anything on the Port Orchard ordinances as far as keeping chickens goes, such as how many birds per acre (or less, in our case, since the home we are trying to purchase is only .80 acres). So, I was wondering if anyone in Port Orchard might be able to shed a little light on what the laws are regarding keeping chickens?

I think it just really depends on what part of town you live in. If you live in the city limits I think there is restrictions. But I think if you live on the outskirts it might be different. Like I live on the outskirts of Bremerton and port orchard and there are no restrictions. But in Bremerton you cannot have any roosters and I think you can have between 3-5 hens not exactly sure. But this site has a link that you can look up the city rules and regulations.

Yeah, the house we are looking at purchasing is off Sedgewick by the Fred Myer and all that. We've only been here since may, so I am still a little vague on landmarks. I tried looking up the port orchard ordinances, but the Bremerton ones are all that come up. Oh well! Guess I could always call the city...of course, it would probably be ideal if we knew we were actually getting the house first! In any case, thanks so much!

Yeah, the house we are looking at purchasing is off Sedgewick by the Fred Myer and all that. We've only been here since may, so I am still a little vague on landmarks. I tried looking up the port orchard ordinances, but the Bremerton ones are all that come up. Oh well! Guess I could always call the city...of course, it would probably be ideal if we knew we were actually getting the house first! In any case, thanks so much!

If I'm correct you can have chickens there. I know of a few people that raise and breed them over there.

Back
Top Bottom