Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Matt... thanks for the extra details, that helps me a lot. And of course the pic, as they say, is worth a thousand words. Words describing color is SO hit and miss. If you ever put some on a scale it would be fun to know whether they're over of under the 2 oz. mark. I didn't realize you're doing Blue Langshans until I read your footer line. The blue and buff standing alongside each other must be very pretty.

And CL... I appreciate your input on this, too. It's so easy to get confused when discussing color with a variety of people. The chart I've seen for Marans is helpful, but I haven't seen one for just "regular" brown eggs or "light" brown eggs, etc. Does one actually exist?
No, not to my knowledge.

Hi CL it's been awhile. We lost our great Pyrenees last Christmas so tomorrow we are meeting a family to get Great Our and Akbosh cross. We have lost 6 birds this n past.week not good. We've never lost any before.
I'm sorry you've been sick not good.

Quote:
And CL... I appreciate your input on this, too. It's so easy to get confused when discussing color with a variety of people. The chart I've seen for Marans is helpful, but I haven't seen one for just "regular" brown eggs or "light" brown eggs, etc. Does one actually exist?
No, not to my knowledge.
I think the reason is, there's no real judgement on egg colour for other breeds. Brown, light or dark or cream is not nearly the same issue as for dark eggs from Wellsummers or Barnies or Marans.

Hi CL it's been awhile. We lost our great Pyrenees last Christmas so tomorrow we are meeting a family to get Great Our and Akbosh cross. We have lost 6 birds this n past.week not good. We've never lost any before.
Hi sweetie !
Good to talk to you and sorry to hear you have lost that gorgeous dog !
Hopefully, you will get it together with a new one, a puppy ?
I always had my puppies follow the leader dog, but if she is 'gone', what can you do ?
I am feeling better today but overwhelmed with """CHORES"""

I think the reason is, there's no real judgement on egg colour for other breeds. Brown, light or dark or cream is not nearly the same issue as for dark eggs from Wellsummers or Barnies or Marans.
thumbsup.gif

After hunting last week, Halloween night to be exact, I gutted and skinned a buck, and Einstein hoisted it up to hang, and covered it in mesh.
By 10 PM I was very much overcome by a flu.
I bolted from bed mornings to let my birds out & feed & water, and went back to bed for almost 4 days.
By day 2, I told Einstein to quarter the Buck and bag it, and stick it all in the freezer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I am too ill to butcher.
Thankfully I had it gutted, skinned & hung !
NOW I have to get each quarter out & semi thaw & butcher it now, so I no doubt will have a HUNK for Totalcolour !
hugs.gif

I am getting better.....
wink.png

Looking for hatching eggs!

Anyone in the Shelton/Olympia/Tumwater/Lacey/Rochester area have fertile eggs for sale? Looking for any of the following: favorolle, silkie, frizzle, Brahma, Cochin, Wyandotte or buff orpington eggs... other types too possibly.

We just did our first hatching and anxious to do another! Hubby made a new brooder that is looking nice and running great.

Hoping to get some eggs this weekend, preferably saturday.

Looking for hatching eggs!

Anyone in the Shelton/Olympia/Tumwater/Lacey/Rochester area have fertile eggs for sale? Looking for any of the following: favorolle, silkie, frizzle, Brahma, Cochin, Wyandotte or buff orpington eggs... other types too possibly.

We just did our first hatching and anxious to do another! Hubby made a new brooder that is looking nice and running great.

Hoping to get some eggs this weekend, preferably saturday.
Well if you are into mixed breeds, I love the chickens I hatched out from Jessica, a member here on BYC who lives down in the Olympia area. She has (or had?) an AmeraucanaXLeghorn rooster covering Austra-whites and red stars/black stars. Not sure which hens my eggs came from but they are the friendliest chickens I have ever owned, my favorite one still will crawl onto my arm and hang out. She started laying blue/greenish eggs around 20-21 weeks old if my calculation is correct. Hatched May 5th, first egg was September 27. I have 5 of her eggs in the incubator right now actually, along with my red star's eggs covered by her hatch brother.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

celebrate.gif
frow.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

I have a big hamstring Venison roast for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and a rear leg for your dog !
See you tomorrow !

For anyone that had sent me e-mails..
I cannot get comcast to bring up my e-mails, for some reason they are having issues.

OK we will need to have photos of the puppy !
I am feeling better, sort of, everyday it seems to ebb & flo~ it is not stopping me from working any longer.
I got 3 coops fully gutted & replaced fresh shavings.
Got 4 to go...ha ha.

Back
Top Bottom