Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Thank you! We have a outdoor outlet about 10 feet from the coop so I bought an outdoor extension cord plugged in a timer, stapled some Christmas lights around the top of the coop and some around the outside just for fun. The timer is set to come on at 4:30am going off about 7:30 am (they are let out of the coop at about 7) its getting dark around 5 or 5:30 lately so they go back on at 4:30 and off at 7. I set that up on Thursday last week, so its been about 5 days. No eggs yet. I am down to 3 in my fridge and refuse to buy eggs! LOL Does it take long for it to kick in.

My 2 girls are limping.
hit.gif

Moe is limping especially by late afternoon.
Joe has a complete break as the bone is bent to the right.
Can't hold weight.
Joe is in ICU with a splint in hopes that she will grow and heal.
Moe wants out so she is walking with the boy Curly all day. She limps by late afternoon.
They both got their legs caught in the door jam when it was opening in the morning. I've since fixed it but I only have 3 ducks left from 7 due to cyotes and hawks.
2 girls are down, one boy left.If I cull I will have to get rid of all 3, including the boy, and start over next spring. Just when I got them to the color I really like.
th.gif

Thank you! We have a outdoor outlet about 10 feet from the coop so I bought an outdoor extension cord plugged in a timer, stapled some Christmas lights around the top of the coop and some around the outside just for fun. The timer is set to come on at 4:30am going off about 7:30 am (they are let out of the coop at about 7) its getting dark around 5 or 5:30 lately so they go back on at 4:30 and off at 7. I set that up on Thursday last week, so its been about 5 days. No eggs yet. I am down to 3 in my fridge and refuse to buy eggs! LOL Does it take long for it to kick in.
2 weeks?
fl.gif

I would put out a 2nd source of light in case there is a power outage.
caf.gif

I forgot to mention. I do have 4 solar lights out there, they are crap though. They barely light up at all. Any other suggestions, I thought about battery operated, but wouldnt be able to get them on the timer then. Honestly we live on the same power line as police, and fire department here in Lynnwood and haven't lost power more than a flicker in 15 years. Not worried about losing power, knock on wood.

I forgot to mention. I do have 4 solar lights out there, they are crap though. They barely light up at all. Any other suggestions, I thought about battery operated, but wouldnt be able to get them on the timer then. Honestly we live on the same power line as police, and fire department here in Lynnwood and haven't lost power more than a flicker in 15 years. Not worried about losing power, knock on wood.
lau.gif
I guess you can run out there with a lantern if your power goes out... what do you have to lose?
If you get an outage, no eggs for 2 weeks is not a big deal.

Anybody out there have had luck grafting fruit trees???
Rain tree has root stock for about $3 each. It sounds fun.
thumbsup.gif

Im thinking of getting a few plum and persimmon whips for some plout and persimmon grafts.
Im also interested in fuzzy kiwi propagation. Anyone with a clue on that one?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

celebrate.gif
frow.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

I have a big hamstring Venison roast for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, and a rear leg for your dog !
See you tomorrow !

For anyone that had sent me e-mails..
I cannot get comcast to bring up my e-mails, for some reason they are having issues.
Hl, I did PM You last week so that explains that…… :) Glad Your feeling better…..eliz

Just conducting a census in the northwest, do you (or anyone you know) raise Langshans in either bantam or large fowl? If so please let me know what variety either here in thread or via PM. Trying to get an idea how many are out here.

Well, I do, but I'm in the wrong part of the state to give you tips! LOL!

You'll have to let us know if the Persimmons take -- I never had any luck. Not enough daylight this far north was my best guess
Some varieties do better than others. The Raintree site says which ones are better here. It's the lack of summer heat rather than day length that's the problem.

Back
Top Bottom