Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Dad jokes about eating the babies but we won't let him lol

What ??? Your going to butcher my Bresse ?? I thought you wanted them for their eggs LOL
No, what would happen is, the trio would have their eggs incubated, and the offspring either raised to sell, or to increase the flock, the second year (if all works well) the eggs incubated, the chicks hatched, the birds raised for meat.
None of this ever happens overnight, ever.

Im new to raising chickens, actually haven't even started. Ive been researching meat birds. Can anybody give me good recommendation? Also Im looking for a couple of egg layers too. Hopefully adding them to my farm in a couple of weeks. Any info will be helpful. Thanks
If you want to have meat birds and eggs, and you learn to caponize, you can't get any better birds than Jersey Giants. Don't get hatchery birds though.

I bought a watermelon the other day and cut the rinds up into 8ths and froze all but one chunk. Gave it to them on Sunday evening. I went out tonight to bring them a big ice chunk for the big water dish that I've been supplementing their water cups with in this heat and there was literally nothing left but the outside hard green skin. So I went back in and grabbed them one of the frozen chunks and they lost their minds.

These little ladies are starting to see me as a treat giver. They come running when they see me coming out to their enclosure finally! They didn't quite trust the container of tomato jelly and cucumber guts, but once they realized that it was edible, there were some great antics. I'm loving this.

I bought a watermelon the other day and cut the rinds up into 8ths and froze all but one chunk. Gave it to them on Sunday evening. I went out tonight to bring them a big ice chunk for the big water dish that I've been supplementing their water cups with in this heat and there was literally nothing left but the outside hard green skin. So I went back in and grabbed them one of the frozen chunks and they lost their minds.

These little ladies are starting to see me as a treat giver. They come running when they see me coming out to their enclosure finally! They didn't quite trust the container of tomato jelly and cucumber guts, but once they realized that it was edible, there were some great antics. I'm loving this.

Glad it's working out well!

Back
Top Bottom