Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi Folks,

I have a completely different type of topic today. I'm hoping that a bit of networking will come into play here.

I just found out my (adult) daughter will have to find new housing very soon. She's been renting a room + bath in Seattle/Fremont and it was perfect, but the owner decided to renovate and sell the house! I told her I'd ask around and see if anyone has any leads.

She needs something inside Seattle. A bedroom + bath, sharing a kitchen & living room would be ideal. She has a French Bulldog. She's not a party person and lives a very healthy lifestyle. If you have any leads, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Hi Folks,

I have a completely different type of topic today.  I'm hoping that a bit of networking will come into play here.

I just found out my (adult) daughter will have to find new housing very soon. She's been renting a room + bath in Seattle/Fremont and it was perfect, but the owner decided to renovate and sell the house! I told her I'd ask around and see if anyone has any leads.

She needs something inside Seattle. A bedroom + bath, sharing a kitchen & living room would be ideal. She has a French Bulldog. She's not a party person and lives a very healthy lifestyle. If you have any leads, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

I have a cousin that has a house in Seattle, I know she rents rooms. I will check with her and let you know!

I think I just broke my broody silkie who has been setting for a month by buying her chicks... not that she has seen them, they're hiding in the garage. I think that the ACT of purchasing them and bringing them home knocked her off the nest. Going to try and sneak them under her tonight when she falls asleep, but now I'm worried she won't take them, grr.

I think I just broke my broody silkie who has been setting for a month by buying her chicks... not that she has seen them, they're hiding in the garage. I think that the ACT of purchasing them and bringing them home knocked her off the nest. Going to try and sneak them under her tonight when she falls asleep, but now I'm worried she won't take them, grr.

We'll all send her motherly vibes!

I bought a watermelon the other day and cut the rinds up into 8ths and froze all but one chunk. Gave it to them on Sunday evening. I went out tonight to bring them a big ice chunk for the big water dish that I've been supplementing their water cups with in this heat and there was literally nothing left but the outside hard green skin. So I went back in and grabbed them one of the frozen chunks and they lost their minds.

These little ladies are starting to see me as a treat giver. They come running when they see me coming out to their enclosure finally! They didn't quite trust the container of tomato jelly and cucumber guts, but once they realized that it was edible, there were some great antics. I'm loving this.

Glad they are coming around ! I didn't give them much attention cause I knew I wasn't keeping them and I have so many other girls. They will be sitting in your lap in no time LOL

Woohoo! She took them! I snuck them under her last night and she growled a little but they climbed right in. It was silent when I left for work this am so I left her alone and hoped for the best. My husband said when he got home she had one under her, one on top and was going to murder him if he tried to touch "her" babies. Never mind that she sat on nothing but shavings for over a month... guess those silkie broody tendencies hold true, lol.

Glad they are coming around ! I didn't give them much attention cause I knew I wasn't keeping them and I have so many other girls. They will be sitting in your lap in no time LOL
I hope so! The other night I got them to come within a foot of me to get treats. No luck with eating out of my hand, but we'll work up to it! They really are gorgeous birds. I'm thinking that the moms are both speckled sussex and welsummers. There is one that is appreciably more grey and a lot more adventurous that the other 2 brownish ones that seem to have a few white speckles.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new-ish to BYC, and very new to the Western Washington edition (so I apologize if I'm not adding the post correctly). I need some help and am hoping that someone can give me some experienced guidance! I have an (almost) 5 month-old white Silkie, who turned out to be a rooster. :( I can't keep roosters where I live in Kirkland, so am hoping to come up with some viable options. He's really sweet, likes to be held, and is really beautiful. I've tried several avenues, including looking into taking him to a co-op for resale. Unfortunately, while I was there checking it out, it became very evident that our rooster's fate would likely involve (in my view) inhumane treatment - so that's not an option.

Any help or referrals/suggestions in rehoming him would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome!
Beautiful bird, Doubleoh chick
I hope you find a great home for him.

My chicks are now 18.5 weeks old. One of them laid her first egg. Don't know which one...hopefully the other 5 will soon follow suit.

The egg is about 1.5-2" long and about 1" in diameter.

Back
Top Bottom