Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Well where we live over by yakima Wa the fishing is not so good! Most places to fish are at least a 30 min drive for us. There are some freeway lakes that stock trout a couple times a year but only a couple you don't have to hike into and with a disabled son thats out! Any good fishing is a two hour drive. I like to fish but last year I didn't! It wasn't worth the money for the poor fishing! I hope no one takes this wrong! I know there is good fishing in the state but not every where and not for everyone!
smile.png

I met with a counter part here yesterday in Shelton picking up 3 more Light Brahmas leaving our lone Turkey with her. I brought them home placing them in the little coop I still have but sold but not been picked up.
I placed the girls in the top waiting to see if they would try to come down the ramp but as of this morning they had not tried.

These are the new birds and the lower section of their little home for about 2 week till I can move them in with their bigger friends

I met with a counter part here yesterday in Shelton picking up 3 more Light Brahmas leaving our lone Turkey with her. I brought them home placing them in the little coop I still have but sold but not been picked up. I placed the girls in the top waiting to see if they would try to come down the ramp but as of this morning they had not tried. These are the new birds and the lower section of their little home for about 2 week till I can move them in with their bigger friends
They look good! I sprinkled some scratch on the ramp to teach them to use it.

I love the fishing here in Washington...we travel maybe 15 minutes and we're at a lake. It's just so convenient to fish when there are just so many lakes to choose from.

Okay, I have a chicken question for you. My girls are around 11 months old. It was my understanding that hens usually don't molt their first year. So, having said that I need to ask you, 'Is my Black Australorp molting?' It looks like her feathers are breaking off about an inch (more or less) from her skin. If she is NOT molting, what is she doing? None of my other girls are looking like her. Her skin is a nice color, no redness. It does not look like the other hens are pecking at her. We haven't found any lice or mites on her. The feather loss is just around her neck. Any help would be appreciated.

Agreed. Definitely molting. Two of my 10 month olds just did.Starts at the neck,and very soon there are pinfeathers. Also their combs become paler, and they stop laying eggs, if they were.

good idea duh no I didn't think of that
th.gif
they re covered no matter what part I did handle all three this morning about to head back out to them now.

Well where we live over by yakima Wa the fishing is not so good! Most places to fish are at least a 30 min drive for us. There are some freeway lakes that stock trout a couple times a year but only a couple you don't have to hike into and with a disabled son thats out! Any good fishing is a two hour drive. I like to fish but last year I didn't! It wasn't worth the money for the poor fishing! I hope no one takes this wrong! I know there is good fishing in the state but not every where and not for everyone!
smile.png
We have found that to be true too.Now that also have catch and release . Many little lakes along the hiway but to park your car and walk in , leaving your car, leaves it vandals. Lost of hatchery stock and limits on your catch. I have spent more money on lure and fishing equipment and no catch. Might be good fishing the day that fish are stocked but they are so small if they are even legal .Not worth it to us when I can watch my 6 ducks from the comforts of the yard. Creeks and streams and a river just to snag our lines.
We are also from Yakima- Rez-area.

so I put corn and little crumble on the ladder talking to them they came right over but not in, my outside cats live in an Shasta 24 foot trailer we have we go out nightly to clean their boxes refresh food and water, if the 3 aren't in the coop I will place them in then.

We have found that to be true too.Now that also have catch and release . Many little lakes along the hiway but to park your car and walk in , leaving your car, leaves it vandals. Lost of hatchery stock and limits on your catch. I have spent more money on lure and fishing equipment and no catch. Might be good fishing the day that fish are stocked but they are so small if they are even legal .Not worth it to us when I can watch my 6 ducks from the comforts of the yard. Creeks and streams and a river just to snag our lines.
We are also from Yakima- Rez-area.

I am not to far from you! The bad people make it bad for everyone! They go down and dump there garbage everywhere! So the few you could park close to they would close off! They break into cars! Me and my husband would always collect garbage that people toss everywhere. We can only pick up so much each time we would go! They have put way to many regulations also! You live in fear that you have missed something in the huge book they have of regs! Over priced,over regulated and no place to fish! I have my Ameraucanas and Black Copper Marans! Love them!

I am in Washington State. I like chickens but I am in to the ducks for their eggs. I am allergic to chicken eggs and duck eggs do not bother me. I am not able to buy duck eggs in my area so I had no choice but to get 6 ducks to get my eggs.
Is this site only for chickens. ??
Welcome!
yesss.gif
another quacker amongst the peeps!
I raise Indian Runners and would love to share notes with you.
Are you going to the meet up at the Monroe Fair??
I have 9 ducks
wee.gif

Here is my latest addition...Benard (aka Benji) and Bella. Benard is VERY TALL. That fence is 26" and he plops his head over the fence.
They are Blue Trout Runners from Dave Holderread's Farm in Oregon.

Here is Geraldine & George, also from Holderread that I got as babies. They are gold trout runners. Guarding their toy bag.

and here is the rest of the gang that I incubated last spring.
They have some mallard genes i them, so I keep them just for eggs and entertainment.
Scooter is a clown.

from Left:Scooter, Aunty B, Daphnie Duskie, Charlotte and Wackabee (aka Wacky)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom