Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Lovely weather! Chickies have been wandering farther afoot when I let them out. They discovered a large fluffy caterpillar by the house and huddled around it, cheeping in hushed tones. I guess they came to a mutual 'it's dangerous' agreement and ran off with it untouched. I possibly have vegetarian chickens.

At least they appear to have brains sometimes!
lol.png

Banties slowly feathering in:

And EE pretty much there (?):

It's been interesting watching their development (same hatch date). EE pretty much skipped the ugly stage and has been a cute fluffy girl since the first week. Bantams...well, hoping their pinhead stage is coming to an end soon. Maybe due to hard vs. soft feathers? The two little ones feel like golf balls wrapped in a thin layer of feathers while the EE is like squishing a pillow.

Have to say I do prefer the EE never been big on bantams sorry all my
EE's have come from Gena and yes no ugly stage on any of them
That's because you get them once they are all feathered in and pretty.
smile.png
Trust me, they went through the ugly stage, complete with bald patches here and there. It only lasts a week or two though, they feather in so quickly.

Last edited:
I like the size and sweet/gentle personalities very much of the little ones. Going to see if we can get a nice bantam EE or a d'anver later for the extra fluff and cute face. Our EE is the boss of them and has a very workmanlike attitude so far.

I like the size and sweet/gentle personalities very much of the little ones. Going to see if we can get a nice bantam EE or a d'anver later for the extra fluff and cute face. Our EE is the boss of them and has a very workmanlike attitude so far.
see I also see that about my barred very sweet friendly reliable
we even call them unflappable barred. I like the EE's very much find them cute and amusing..
but as much as I hate to say this this old hen needs sleep too

We had a terrible mother sit on some eggs, she broke most of them but one hatched. She won't take care of it so now it's under a lamp. It needs a friend, anyone in the Kent Covington area have a chick to get rid of? Ours is 2 days old.

Back
Top Bottom