Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

so Gena what and when might you want chicks or eggs? if so him to ee or Barred rock is bo right or his sister f1-oe? she is a pullet not sure she is laying but momma ee as I call her
or the silver ones below her they are really cool but only one is laying so far, I get two green one each from black sec-link and one
pretty blue a day as I crack them to use them they are fertile he is taking care of ladies but must be gentle
they are not showing any wear at all

better photo of momma and the silver?
you actually sold me two alike they are my favored of the ee she is still Richards favorite

Last edited:
I officially have a broody Barred Rock. She's one of our favorites, but she decided to sit on a pile of eggs in the woods. Not a good idea. I didn't notice that she wasn't in the coop last night. This morning at feeding, I noticed I was short a hen. Found her right where she's been laying for the last month or so. She's safe and sound in the broody suite now, with a pile of eggs from my pullets. If she does well, I might end up rehoming my gentle and timid Australorps. I don't need 4 hens in the flock that are always broody. And the Aussie girls are just too timid to be good moms.
@pennyjo65 - I won't be needing any eggs or chicks until maybe January. I need to see what I get from my young cockerel first.

My Australorp went broody again, so she's in time-out. This is her 3rd time. So, once again, we've pulled out the dog crate, put a perch in it, threw in some food and water, then put my crazy hen in. Hopefully, she won't have to stay in it long.

Had the Dish salesmen at my door the other day(they dug my chickens). It really seemed like an awesome deal but literally no one I know has Dish... my husband remembers people saying the internet was slow but we have Comcast now and our internet is slow now so... any one have any thoughts on CURRENT Dish networks? Cause we had it when I was growing up im sure its improved since then.

I only have two Easter Eggers under a Quechua rooster so we can hatch up some nice Easter Egger pullets and of course one of them is sitting on eggs instead of laying eggs. We will be taking the chicks as soon as they hatch so she will return to laying faster. I did not want her to pause laying in order to sit but it happened so we are hoping she at least hatches them all for us. At least it will help me know what each hen produces separately when we are not getting eggs from them both together.

I don't mind having broody hens but I normally prefer to hatch in the incubator because we just set the eggs and don't have to worry about trusting the hen to do the job. I use Little Giant no frills styrofoam incubators and don't monitor anything once they have been adjusted during the first set-up other than to candle and remove anything that is not developing so it is less worry to let the hens lay fertile eggs we can hatch ourselves.

Our first batch of Easter Egger chicks are now out with the Silkies to grow out so I can get rid of the cockerels and keep the pullets to make sure they meet the standard I want and lay beautiful eggs. Once they are laying I will have to decide if I want to keep the Quechua rooster or rehome him but he could make some nice mutt Easter Eggers with the Orpingtons if people want green eggs as long as the crosses don't lay beige eggs. If we get the quality I want I might keep the rooster and sell his chicks but not until I know for sure that he will produce what I want in an Easter Egger.

Had the Dish salesmen at my door the other day(they dug my chickens). It really seemed like an awesome deal but literally no one I know has Dish... my husband remembers people saying the internet was slow but we have Comcast now and our internet is slow now so... any one have any thoughts on CURRENT Dish networks? Cause we had it when I was growing up im sure its improved since then.

I've had Dish and DirectTV and I prefer Direct. It's now owned by AT&T and even when you have a dispute they fix it. It is a little more expensive but the service customer and otherwise is better IMHO.

I officially have a broody Barred Rock. She's one of our favorites, but she decided to sit on a pile of eggs in the woods. Not a good idea. I didn't notice that she wasn't in the coop last night. This morning at feeding, I noticed I was short a hen. Found her right where she's been laying for the last month or so. She's safe and sound in the broody suite now, with a pile of eggs from my pullets. If she does well, I might end up rehoming my gentle and timid Australorps. I don't need 4 hens in the flock that are always broody. And the Aussie girls are just too timid to be good moms.
@pennyjo65 - I won't be needing any eggs or chicks until maybe January. I need to see what I get from my young cockerel first.
Soon as the incubator gets here I am going to try about 10 eggs in it mostly green or blue
may through a few brown in but doubt it... This is really not the best time of year for chicks is it?
I really do not intend to sell any of these more of look see in what I get

Back
Top Bottom