Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I live in town...and two days agoe a hawk took out my young Cream Brabanter roo I was planning on keeping.

This is the first bird I have lost. I feel horrible he was our favorate.
The hawk has been perched in a tree over our yard and all my birds are locked up...they hate it but intill I have the time to secure my yard for them they have to stay in.

Blah I feel sick.and now I need a new Brabanter roo.

I have several months where I have to keep the birds locked in their pens. The silkies now have a bit of a break as I have a fenced and netted 20x20 central area with grass that all four pens open into.

I toss older eggs out to attract the ravens since they chase the hawks off.

I have several months where I have to keep the birds locked in their pens. The silkies now have a bit of a break as I have a fenced and netted 20x20 central area with grass that all four pens open into.

Yeah..we have allot of crows around...I think we are going to start feeding them.

I live in town...and two days agoe a hawk took out my young Cream Brabanter roo I was planning on keeping.

This is the first bird I have lost. I feel horrible he was our favorate.
The hawk has been perched in a tree over our yard and all my birds are locked up...they hate it but intill I have the time to secure my yard for them they have to stay in.

Blah I feel sick.and now I need a new Brabanter roo.

Oh Bobbie I'm so sorry!

The crows don't go after your chickens? We have LOTS where I live (Lacey). I love them, but was worried about my littles when its time for them to go to a coop.

The crows don't go after your chickens? We have LOTS where I live (Lacey). I love them, but was worried about my littles when its time for them to go to a coop. 

They will take babies. Adults are fine

That is what worries me about the garden as it is just a 4 ft fence
started clipping 1 wing on each bird their tunnel in and out of the coop is 20 ft covered
I know Blue aka Stew will get them in there post haste if there is danger

Hello guys, sorry to bug you again but my chicken is sick again. I think I can download pictures so I'm going to try. She is about a year and a half old, won't jump up on the roost, is very very skinny. I can feel every bone in her body. And her crop is empty tonight. So I brought her back in the house and I'm going to see if a little TLC will help again. I don't know if these pictures will help but if anybody has any ideas I'm open to it.

Back
Top Bottom