Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

We had to stop forgot to put gas in the van then drove to Morton
then on the way home was down way to close to E, sitting here at the gas station it started to snow
again #############
yippiechickie.gif
SPRING??????????

Last edited:
Does this chicken look too skinny? I know it's hard to tell by pictures, it doesn't seem like she has any meat on her bones at all :-(

She appears to be fine. Nice red comb, good feather condition. Give her a feel. Just remember, it's normal to be able to feel the keel bone. What you are feeling for is overall muscle condition.

I'm glad she looks good otherwise. I appreciate you guys answering me. Nobody would answer my othe updated thread. I will get a wait on her tomorrow if possible. She is so light it feels like nothing when you pick her up. Doesn't feel like there's any fat anywhere. But she eats, her crop is full at night. She seems to act normal except that I have to put her up on the roost every single night. She stays there once I put her there.
Maybe I am just too used to my other heavy breeds like SLW, Plymouth rocks, speckled Sussex. They are little butter balls :) my other two Easter Eggars are not very tame either so I haven't really touched them that much. Tomorrow I will try to catch all three of them and compare. The only reason she's easy to catch us because she lays in the nest box at night.

I'm glad she looks good otherwise. I appreciate you guys answering me. Nobody would answer my othe updated thread. I will get a wait on her tomorrow if possible. She is so light it feels like nothing when you pick her up. Doesn't feel like there's any fat anywhere. But she eats, her crop is full at night. She seems to act normal except that I have to put her up on the roost every single night. She stays there once I put her there.
Maybe I am just too used to my other heavy breeds like SLW, Plymouth rocks, speckled Sussex. They are little butter balls :) my other two Easter Eggars are not very tame either so I haven't really touched them that much. Tomorrow I will try to catch all three of them and compare. The only reason she's easy to catch us because she lays in the nest box at night.

I've had hens act like that when they got coccidiosis. Their crops seemed full but they lost weight. The digestion seems to slow down. You don't always get bloody poops with older hens and cocci. I'd rather treat for cocci if I suspect it and stop it in it's tracks. Corrid doesn't hurt the hens or eating the eggs. Wet weather seems to make it more likely.

I've had hens act like that when they got coccidiosis. Their crops seemed full but they lost weight. The digestion seems to slow down. You don't always get bloody poops with older hens and cocci. I'd rather treat for cocci if I suspect it and stop it in it's tracks. Corrid doesn't hurt the hens or eating the eggs. Wet weather seems to make it more likely.

I don't know anything about that condition so I will have to research it. Is it common for just one chicken to have it? She's been this way for quite a while.

I don't know anything about that condition so I will have to research it. Is it common for just one chicken to have it? She's been this way for quite a while.

Different birds can develop different resistance to it. So it's possible. It's a very common problem. That's why they make medicated chick feed. It helps keep cocci low until they develop some resistance to it

Different birds can develop different resistance to it. So it's possible. It's a very common problem. That's why they make medicated chick feed. It helps keep cocci low until they develop some resistance to it

I got her as he started pull it from a hatchery. So I am assuming she got medicated feed. I always give medicated feed to my new checks. I hate to treat just for the sake of treating, don't want to give them more chemicals than necessary. But I don't want my other chickens to get sick.
I have never wormed my chickens or treated them for anything beyond giving the medicated chick starter. I occasionally put electrolytes in their water. I feed fermented feed. I did just get some zyfendA. Has anybody had any experience with this? With this treat what you think she might have? I have thought about giving it to my chickens for one week out of every month to help with worms.

Back
Top Bottom