Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

What type of light would be best for supplemental light? We're going to run a cord out there and set up a timer.

Any regular or LED lightbulb works fine. I have a 40watt bulb in the ceiling of the coop. It's worked great thus far! Though they've slowed laying because I'm not pushing them with 16 horus of light, I'm only doing 12-13 hours.

yuckyuck.gif
I just cannot fathom people waiting and camping in huge lines!!! I suppose some think it's fun. We went out to Shopko last year to get a TV and to see what all the fuss is about. It was SOOO not worth it. For the protection of the public, I decided that I should just stay away from that mess!!!

Here are my girls saying thanks for the new sand floor and beet leaves.
Nice set-up!!!! Hoping to get Brahmas (or maybe Jersey Giants) next year. I hear such good things about them.

Quote:
x2

I was wondering if the spectrum was better on one type versus another. We currently have CFLs, incandescent, and LED bulbs in the house depending on where we use it. Eventually all the CFL will be changed out for LEDs. We have the light we used for in their smaller coop when they were young that we're going to strap up to a beam unless I see something I really like at a store.

We went to my Gramma's yesterday. It never ceases to amaze me that so many people can fit (sort of) into such a tiny house! The weather was decent enough to be outside, which was nice. If my living space was bigger I would consider having them all at my house. It was good to see all my aunts, uncles and MANY cousins who I see so rarely. There was a lot more "safe" food than I expected to be able to eat. I should've made my own dessert, though, but didn't need the additional calories anyway!!

Apparently, my killer cat, Nemo, has been doing his job killing vermin. Unfortunately, this has disgusting side-effects....tapeworms.
sickbyc.gif
So all the furries have been dosed. Hate the thought of critters in my pets guts and near us! I usually give Interceptor monthly, although I've slacked lately, but tapes need different meds. I will be thrilled if they ever make a monthly for them.

If there are any brave (and patient) souls out there risking their lives to shop today, stay safe and good luck!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really sad. One thing led to another and we got home late last night from Thanksgiving dinner, just about 8:30.

The first thing I saw when pulling in our driveway was a big grey cat walking in our yard.

I ran out back to the chickens - and the coop door had somehow got knocked closed before everyone went to bed. So instead of a few birds in the trees- all the birds were in trees.

I fished them all out except Frodo - I could not find her anywhere. She has escaped me and spent the night in the trees before.

I called her this morning - no show.

Still nothing. I've combed the yard and not found any evidence - but it does not look good for our poor little Frodo. I am so sad.
hit.gif

I'm really sad. One thing led to another and we got home late last night from Thanksgiving dinner, just about 8:30.

The first thing I saw when pulling in our driveway was a big grey cat walking in our yard.

I ran out back to the chickens - and the coop door had  somehow got knocked closed before everyone went to bed. So instead of a few birds in the trees- all the birds were in trees.

I fished them all out except Frodo - I could not find her anywhere. She has escaped me and spent the night in the trees before.

I called her this morning - no show.

Still nothing. I've combed the yard and not found any evidence - but it does not look good for our poor little Frodo. I am so sad. :hit

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/5415957/width/350/height/700/flags/LL

Oh no! Maybe she got really scared and is still hiding. She could show up.

Buy one get one half off sale at Bothell Feed Center!
December 8th 10am-4pm.
Free refreshments,
Free pet goodie bags,
Free Drawings,
Pet costume contest* Win free pet food for 1 year.

Judging 11am-2
Also meet the Grinch!

Everything applys to sale Excluding stock tanks and Timothy bales.
Anyone going to be there? I will and we will see if I can talk DH into letting me take Jazz in the Car.
I see a lot of you had a good Thanksgiving. We decided to stay home and just have the day to our selves. We had one of our own turkeys for dinner! The one that has been attacking me again lately, two birds one stone kind a thing, got rid of the mean turkey and got dinner ready! He was the best, and most moist turkey we have ever had. This year was great and peaceful. But I do miss being able to leave the mess some where elts.

Back
Top Bottom